Chapter 9 : Wrong Side

Yuna's POV

"So how did it go?"

"He told me that we could win. Dad has nothing against us"

My mom sighed in relief and resumed talking.

"Is everything okay over there?"

"I don't know. Is it?"

"I'm sorry I can't be there with you"

"No, it's fine. I can manage, and I have been for the past few years. Dad just keeps making it worse"

"I can't leave him. You know that"

"No, I don't. I don't understand why you haven't divorced him. All he's done is just sabotage and ruin the marriage and is breaking the family apart. There are just some days where I don't want his name in mine"

"Yuna. Listen to me. If I could, I would have divorced him a long time ago. It's just his mother has been very tough on everyone. Believe it or not, I would have run away during our wedding. I knew I was getting myself into trouble."

"I didn't know"

"That's okay. I also just wanted to let you know, that you will be receiving cash from another account for the next few weeks"

"Is everything okay?

"Not anymore. All my bank accounts have been frozen."

"Since when?!"

"About a day ago. I don't want to point any fingers but I want to assume it's your father"

"What is he trying to achieve here? Ruining our lives? And now?"

"Yuna don't worry about me now. The money is from a dear friend of mine, who has helped me the whole time of me being here. I will pay her back once I deal with the bank"

"Can you at least update me with the situation?"

"Yeah, of course. I have to go. More work is coming in. I'll chat with you when I can. I love you"

"Love you too"

That's how it has been the past 2 years. Myself and my mom communicating through 5 minute phone calls. It either ends because one of us are busy or just tired. My brother Jungkook, has been mad at both my parents to leave the both of their children alone in Korea. He hasn't gotten over it. So if I tell him that our father is in town, a body might just end up in Han River the next day. And it won't be Jungkooks.

I took a sip of my coffee at a cafe I had dropped by, after the meeting. I needed some sort of relaxation time, for myself at least. I was just scrolling through my phone, looking through social media, as if anything interesting was going on, occasionally sipping on my coffee.

"Is this seat taken?"

I looked up to reply to the woman, only to realize I actually recognize her. For the wrong reasons.

"Oh. No, it's not"

"May I sit then?"

"Yeah, of course"

I straightened my position and placed my phone down. Now this I knew, was going to be a very interesting conversation.

"I suppose you recognize me"

"How could I not? I always remember the women my dad brings home. Which brings me to the next point, I didn't ever catch your name"

"Ichika"

I raised my eyebrows.

"You're Japanese?"

She chuckled.