Chapter 16 : Easy

Narrator's POV

Yuna had spent the night at Nayeon's as planned. She set off early in the morning to talk to Minjun in his office. Yuna had gone through the documents and they were all the illegal deals her dad has done throughout the past few years. Last night, she sent it to Minjun for further use. Nayeon was still asleep when she left but Yuna remembered to leave a note. Nayeon would have woken up anyway, cause she still had classes to teach.

When Yuna arrived at the office, there was already a police officer talking to Minjun.

"Yuna this is Kim Somin. He's a friend of mine and he's a cop. He'll be helping us later."

Yuna shook his hand.

"I must say that your father is in deep trouble, Yuna."

"Yeah. He is, and I trust that you will put him where he should have been put in a long time ago."

"With the evidence that you've presented here, I doubt there would be any complications with doing that."

"Okay. You guys heading out now?" Yuna asked.

"Yeah. You going in my car?" Minjun asked.

Yuna nodded and they headed out to Yuna's fathers office to confront him.

~

Ichika had told Yuna the room number last night so when they reached, they immediately went up there. 

Soomin knocked on the door first, and Ichika opened it immediately.

"Mr Kim you are under arrest for illegal works, and acting on illegal unprecedented works."

Yuna's father got up from the chair he was sitting on and talked back.

"I have done none of those."

"We have proof. Drugs, human trafficking. It's all on the record."

He clenched his jaw and looked at Ichika.

"You did this! You went through my stuff!" he pointed a finger at her.

Ichika had no reaction and just watched Soomin arrest her soon to be - was anyway - husband. She was relieved that she wouldn't have to marry a man like that.

"You have the right to remain silent."

"I'm calling my lawyer. I want my lawyer. His name is Im-"

"He's in jail." Yuna simply answered.

Her father turned his head in shock to see his daughter standing there.

"You are here? Why? And what do you mean he's in jail?!"

"He's an illegal law breaking brat. Just like you. If you're lucky, you might end up in the same cell as him."

"You can't do this to your father. Without my job, you wouldn't be living like how you are today."

"Everything I have now, is from mom. You didn't do anything."

"You're not getting away with this."

"Oh, I am. You'll be stuck in jail for...," Yuna looked at Soomin for an answer. He then continued her sentence. "For 40 years to a lifetime of imprisonment."

"Yeah. That." Yuna smiled.

Soomin dragged the old man out of the hotel room followed by Minjun who had to act for Yuna and give a statement, leaving Ichika and Yuna in the hotel room.

"So I guess you're free now huh?" Yuna asked as she leaned against the door frame.

"Yeah."

"What do you plan on doing now?"