~♪ X: Acolytes of Love ♪~

X

~♪ Acolytes of Love ♪~

I narrowed my eyes at the small box Liz was holding. Will seemed uneasy about it too, because he put as much distance away from her as he could.

"Liz," Castle muttered, looking at the box, "why are you carrying that around?"

Liz looked at Castle as though he suddenly turned into an Algorian Slug. "It's important."

"How?" Scot asked.

The Vampyre scowled. "You do realize that a Variox heart is the main ingredient in many health potions."

Will shook his head. "Also many poisons if prepared wrong."

Castle scowled. "You still didn't answer my question."

Liz shoved the box into her satchel. "Petra wanted one."

I wrinkled my nose. Yeah, Petra is a nice Witch, but she does have many enemies. I ain't implying anything, but she could make someone go kaput with that heart. Liz didn't care though, she just carried that thing around, ready to present it to the Witch. We were on our way back to Pallutus to deliver the blasted heart, and pick up a job from one of the townspeople there. I had the fantastic job of watching Castle and keeping him away from every single lady in the world.

Oh, I am so going to fail.

We entered the gates, Liz, Will and Scot going one way, Castle and me going the other. I knew exactly where he was going: to the Marketplace. Ginny and Helena owned a stall there, selling spices that they make themselves.

Helena perked up when she seen Castle, her brown-purple eyes brightening. "Hi, Castle!"

Ginny held out a box. "Do you want some spices? They're really good."

I gripped Castle by the arm. "Castle, no. Let's go."

Castle ignored me, leaning against their stall. He smirked. Ugh, now I get to try and drag him away. Ginny smiled, leaning foreword. "You know," she said, flashing her beautiful grin, "why don't you ditch the kid and come home with me?"

I let out a groan. By the Stars.

I yanked back an unsuspecting Castle, causing him to stumble. "Let's go," I growled.

Castle scowled at me, the faint purple in his eyes glinting. Huh, I never noticed that- wait. Crap. I dragged him away from the twins, scanning the area for the seven. They were here. They had to be. I looked back at Castle, but his eyes were back to the shining brown that they usually were.

"What are you doing?" Castle asked, pulling his arm back. I gripped the dagger at my side, scanning the area. Sure I suck at fighting, but I might be able to take them off guard.

"Marc!" He yelled, snapping my attention back to him. "We were hitting it off!"

I rolled my eyes, letting my dagger go. "Sure," I mumbled, "even though you weren't supposed to even go near them."