CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

"We are home."Armaan says as he and Rahul enters the house. Riddhima walks out of the kitchen and Armaan smiles,"you're a sight for sore eyes, baby!"

"Ohh, Ammy even your eyes getting weak. Feeling old already?" Meher shouts from the top of the stairs as she slides down from the railing.

"Not me, cub but your dad sure is getting old, aren't you rauuulll." He then turns to her again and pulls her ponytail,"what did we talk about not sliding the railing?

"Armaan!"Riddhima sighs as she hits on his chest. He laughs and kisses her cheeks then walks to the couch whispering, "laters, baby."

"Isn't that too old of a joke?" Rahul asks raising his right brow as he takes the glass of water from the table and sits. Meher takes the sit next to him on the couch and snuggles into him. He kisses her head, "where's your mom?"

"Went to meet bhai."she says then starts scrolling her Instagram feed.

"And Armaan, thank to God while you can as you got the sane son. Mine just troubles and irritates the hell out of me" he says.
P

"Leave the boy alone, will you Rahul.  He's a grown up man. He will sort things out." Armaan speaks as he takes the hot mug of coffee from the helper and walks up to his room.

"Bhai, don't stress too much. Everything will be fine" Riddhima smiles and walk behind Armaan knowing very well that he'd need her beside him.

As she walks in the room, she sees him lightening all the three candles in front of the pics in their bed room.

She walks upto him and rubs his back, soothing him. He sighs and turns to her, "we'll find her, right?"

Riddhima nobs and hugs him putting her head on his chest,"yes. One day, we will.
Until then this candle will always make us feel connected to her wherever she is, and that she is safe."

Armaan nods Kissing her forehead. They stay like that before Riddhima speaks,"do you think we should tell bhai? He is worried alot and Aayan is not coming back home."

"Riddhima, they both need to learn from the mistakes they have made. And I am sure they both will understand soon." Armaan takes Riddhima making her sit on his lap as he sits on the bed burying his nose around her neck,nuzzling.

"So you feel they both did wrong? And what Alia did was right?"

"I am no God, Riddhima.  And you of all the people know it better.  We have both made our shares of mistakes and we rose up above it. All I know is whenever they are ready, they'll get a chance to make things better. Change what all wrong they have done. And I hope that day, they both realize.  I can't blame Rahul for what he did and made the kids do. He had his shares of fear. All I am waiting for that at the end all this to be worth everything.

************

Aayan keeps the phone back on the table in his office as Muskaan walks in. Her body guard stops at the door as she closes it.

Aayan getting up walks to her and hugs her tightly, " thank you for coming maa."

"I am always going to be there when my boy needs me." She caress his hair then taking his hand she walks up to the couch and sits with him," one request though, ask this man to stay out of my sight."

Aayan chuckles as she points the finger towards her bodyguard,"sorry maa. Not my department.  Maybe you could talk to Riddhan about it."

"He'll add two more into it. I will pass."they both sighs as Muskaan looks into his eyes,"tell me. What you want to talk about?"