CHAPTER SIX

(the starting part is a memory or flashback from when Alia was young)

A seven years old Alia takes her dolls in both her hands and run to the backyard, "mahi, mahi come we will play house house!!" She says as she sees Meher running around Riddhan who's is playing with four years old Amyra. 

"I am playing with Riddhan and Amy." Meher shouts and sits with them and start tickling Amyra who squeals and laughs loudly.

Alia rushes to the treehouse and gets in sitting next to Aayan,"you will play house house with me A?"

"I am helping Aarul." He says and she pouts,"but you are just sitting here."

"He's making my portrait."  He says and looks at Aarul who is confused and frowning.

"Aalu, go away, you are destroying my art."

She walks towards the board he's painting on and looking at the art she laughs,"he made you look like a joker,  A."

Aarul pushes her away, "go play with girls Aalu or I will break your dolls again."

"You broke my nini and mimi?" She asks looking in his eyes and a fat teardrop forms in her eyes. Nini and mimi were Alia's favorite dolls. The only thing her parents bought together for her and she always use to take them with her wherever she goes.

Her chin wobbles as a tear slips on her cheeks and Aarul looks guilty.  He turns to his work and she crying rushes down.

"You broke her dolls and said Meher did. You lied?" Aayan asks him as he starts getting down."Riddhi maa is going to punish you for lying!!"

"I didn't mean to. Meher was troubling me and I had to do something. " Aarul comes down and goes on search for Alia,  knowing she'd be crying alone somewhere.

"When did I trouble you, you brat?." Meher punches him from behind and runs with him to search for Alia. 

"You broke my paint brushes and hid my colors so I had to punish you and I told riddhi maa that you broke the dolls." He smirks and pushes her away, " I will search for my sister. You stay away."

"She is my best friend and we both had a fight because you said I broke her dolls!!" She pushes him back," you go away!"

They both stop and keeps pushing each other forgetting about Alia who is standing behind the wall and enjoying their fight.

"Found you!" Aayan boos her and she jumps scared.

"A, you scared me!" She swats him and they both hold hands leaving Aarul and Meher to fight and goes to play house house.

"You be the husband and I be the wife. Amy  be our daughter.  Okay?"

*************
PRESENT

Alia smiles looking at the dolls painting her brother has painted and it's one of those unique art, she knows, is not just a painting but a memory. Memory, she remembers like it happened just yesterday. 

As she entered the art gallery, she was mesmerized with each and every piece.  She always knew, Aarul has talent but she has never seen his work. In fact, she knows only few of her family as seen any of his work. And now that he's made it official, she knows he's ready to fight and come out of his shell.

"This one is for you. I will send it to you as soon as the exhibition is over." Aarul says as he passes her the glass of wine and looks at the painting.