CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

"All set?" Aayan asks as he looks around and pulls Alia under his arm, with his hand around her shoulder.

She sighs nodding and looks at the place one more time, and with every look she feels nostalgia hitting her harder and deeper. She's waited for this day for years.  The day she realized,  she wants to move forward and make her passion as her profession was the day she saw a dream to open her own bakery. And today it's almost coming true. 

The place which was just walls and floors and ceilings before is now designed and decorated and nicely equipped.  The first theme she chose is minions theme. Yellow flowers in blue vase on every table with yellow table clothes. There are balloons of both the colors all around and minions board around. She have decided to give free minions cupcakes to their first day costumers.

Finally, they are opening on Saturday.  After almost two months  of hardworking and preparing everything, she's ready now. They have the staffs, they have all the bakeware and cookware.  The place is set to go.

"You alright, Lia?" Aayan asks tucking a finger under her chin and pulling up for her to look at him. She smiles,"I am at the best right now, A. My dream is coming true. I have the bakery opening in two days.  Bhai is finally making a little bit of effort to show that he cares, whatever the reason be and I have you with me." She smiles at him,"everything looks like a perfect dream actually coming true and I don't know if I can feel anymore happier. Life seems flawless and I don't want anything to go wrong. "

"It won't, baby. It won't." Kissing the top of her head, he smiles and pulls her closer to hold,"tell me, is anything left to do?"

"No. I am almost ready.  Just have to come  to get the dairy products for day after tomorrow." She takes his hand and they walk in the kitchen where they look at all the new bakeware are arranged properly.

"For once, Meher did a great job." Aayan smiles.

She swats him," she's great at her work. No one can deny that. She just needs her drama."

He nods,"So wanna dine out?"

She nods,"yes please. I am too tired to cook and I can't eat anymore of your Maggie."

They have been so busy because of the cafe opening,  she hardly gets time to cook which leaves Aayan to show his expertise and make what he knows the best.

He frowns,"you said you enjoy it."

"Aww baby, don't be sad. I love your instant food but right now I really need healthy and proper food." She rubs her hand on his jaw and leaning over she kisses his cheeks and teasingly smiles,"but some other time for sure."

He pulls her closer, pinching her waist," lair."

After looking around one more time, they walk out of the bakery and towards the restaurant a little further.

"So who's going to inaugurate?" He asks as they sit in the corner of the restaurant which is quite simple and silent giving them alot of privacy.

She frowns,"why'd we need an inauguration? Can't we simply let people come, order what they want, eat and leave their review?"

"Baby,  you do want it to start well and expand more right?"

"Of course A, but inauguration is not something I have in mind. So I'd rather let the customer decide whether they want to come again or not plus it's not some shop or something.  Riddhi maa already asked our family priest to pray so it's good to go I think."