CHAPTER EIGHT

The next afternoon, Alia is still on bed, in her pyjama, looking nowhere, deep in thoughts. Since the morning,  Riddhima has knocked twice. Meher and Amyra has been constantly coming and knocking but she kept telling them to leave her alone.

Previous night, she came inside and locked her door before anyone came home from the exhibition. She changed her clothes and made herself a hot cup of coffee and sat near the window taking everything in.

Sinking into the details,  how she madly fell for a guy who's her parent's friends' son and somewhat related. How, the only guy she ever thought about was his Riddhi Riddhi maa's son in some ways.

There were so many boys in school who wanted to be friends with her, some couldn't even ask her or talk to her because Riddhan was always threatening them to never come near his sisters  some feared from Meher's wrath but still some managed but when they showed interest in more than friends,  all were pushed away.

In college,  many guys looked at her and many tried to take her out, hang out with her but she pushed them all away. Even in Paris, Paris where romance blooms like flowers, where so many guys tried to date her, she always had eye for one damn guy.

And he, well he was wandering around with every girl possible.  He had girls running behind him all the time. She never remembersa time when she didn't see Aayan with a new girl every month. He always had his hands full.

And she knew yet she waited for the day when he'd feel something,  anything , for her and be with her. Her wait,  her patience was for nothing.  Simply nothing. She kept her feelings for herself but  she knew that he's aware of her feelings.  He had too. That's the reason he started running away from her.

He didn't eat the cookies she'd make for him, he'd just change his way, seeing her coming closer. He'd just ignore her calls and texts.

One reason other than learning,  she went to paris was because she wanted to test her feelings.  You can't love someone who do not love you back, right? But man, how wrong was she. She did love him even if he did not.

It broke her heart when in front of everyone he simply said he didn't love her. But it was okay. She was okay. She felt bad and then she was ready to move on. Then he said yes to get married to him.

Why did he say yes?

This one question kept killing her inside. He never gave her a proper reason yet she, like crazy planning her happily ever after. And just as she was so close to have it all, he called and like a splash of water,  took everything away.

And now that she was finally getting ready to move on and start her life, he again came back and like always,  he changed her life again. She has no idea what to do anymore.  It turns out that running away did no good to her. She, eventually,  is married anyways.

"Aalu..." Meher shouts banging her door," come out man. Riddhi maa is real angry and she said if you do not come down, she is goin to break the damn door.

"Leave me alone Mahi." She shouts back and hide under the blanket.

She hears the hustle out of her door a while later. She peeks out from the blanket and Riddhima walks in throwing the blanket off from her," you get the hell out of the bed right now Alia Joshi."

Alia shrieks,"I want to be alone!"

"Not in my watch, young lady." She walks up to her and pull her out of the bed, pushing her to the bathroom, "get yourself cleaned up right now. It's Saturday for God's sake. No girl your age should be in bed this late." She then turns to Meher and Amyra who are enjoying the show," amy, take out some fresh clothes for her. Meher, go get some juice and something to eat for Aalu."