CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"What do you mean you want a break?" Riddhima asks Amyra who's looking down at her plate.

"Why, can you not spend one day without seeking everyone's attention?" Meher looks at her and in return she gets a glare from Amyra, "I swear to God Meher, if you interfere here I will never see your face again." She blazes at her and for once Meher shuts her mouth.

"What's wrong with you?" Riddhima asks her,"this is the you talk to your elder sister?"

"She should learn to behave like an elder sister,mom. Not mess my life like a five year old kid." Amyra says raising her voice at Riddhima.

"Amyra Mallik. "Armaan looks at her,"get your tone and words down. We didn't raise you to raise your voice back at us."

She looks down, "Sorry mom. Sorry dad." Her voice breaking.

Armaan sighs and keeping the spoon down he asks her,"Why do you want to go?"

"Armaan, no.." Riddhima warns him but he doesn't look at her and hold his daughter's hand,"tell me, what's wrong?"

Amyra looks up at Riddhima who's gazing at her and looks at Armaan, "dad, I need to figure something out on my own."

"You did that six months back, Amyra." Riddhima cries out and looks at Armaan, "stop thinking whatever you're thinking Armaan. She isn't going out of this house let alone the city."

"Riddhima will you atleast hear her out." He asks exhausted and turns back to Amyra, "what's there to figure out?"

"Dad.. please..."

"Amy you didn't call us for a year. We had to ask the securities to tell us about you. Why can't you figure things out here?"

"Dad.." she looks at him with tears in her eyes and that's Armaan's undoing. He sighs,"fine. But you have to promise me to call us once a week."

"I promise dad. I will call you and mom."  She sighs wiping her tears and Armaan squeezes her hand before he turns to look at his wife who's glaring at him.

"Riddhima.."

"NOT. A . WORD.'" She grits her teeth and looks down at her food, eating silently.

Everyone at the table looks at Riddhima and Armaan who's staring at her. Aarul looks at Alia and raises a brow who's nibbling her food.

"Is this normal?" Aarul asks and Meher shakes her head and whispers leaning over the table,"This happens only when the princess becomes the drama queen." She glares at Amyra who dares not to look at her mother knowing very well that her mother would blast everyone out.

"Eat your food bhai. You'll need it." Alia says and continue to eat knowing this is not going to end well for anyone. 

Riddhima finishes her food and without looking at both her husband or her daughter she smiles at Aarul, Alia and Meher,"finish your food and join me in the backyard for dessert,  okay. "

They all nod in unison and she gets up with her plate and walks to the kitchen. Armaan sighs and gets up following her.

Meher turns to Amyra, "couldn't stay away without taking her thunder, could you?" She points at Alia who stops eating and looks at them both before she again starts eating.

"Why couldn't you mind your business then? " Amyra glares back at her," why can't you stop meddling in other's business.  This is your mess."

"Girls.." Alia raises her brow at them,"you both have done enough for tonight.  You hear this calm? It's before the thunderstorm comes."