Chapter 8

Elsa's POV

Almost immediately after we started on our journey Ryder started to complain about how hungry he is. "Guys can we stop a little I'm reallyyyy hungry." I hear Honeymaren let out a heavy sigh. "What do you think Honey? You do you want to stop for a break?" I ask feeling confident I see her cheeks slightly flush at the nickname. "I guess I could use a break." She slightly mumbles. "Well then, I know a spot a little further up were we can rest and eat."
"Okay." The siblings responded at the same time.

After a while more or Ryder complaining, we finally got to the little lake that I had been talking about. "We're here," I announced. "Finally," Ryder says exaggeratedly. We stop at the little lake and get off of the reindeer letting them get some water and giving them carrots. I sat down watching as Ryder snarfed down an apple and a sandwich. He looked up at me grinning with his cheeks stuffed, which I hate to admit was a cute site. If I didn't like girls I'd think that Ryder was actually pretty cute, but he's nothing compared to his sister. "Elsa?" I look up, "Huh?" I see Maren looking at me questioningly. "You spaced out for a minute."
"Oh sorry," I say sheepishly. "It's okay, I was just asking if you wanted a sandwich." She says with a sandwich in her hand. "Sure." I take the small snack and quickly realize that I haven't eaten since yesterday. "Do you want another one?" I look up to go see her grinning at me. I feel my face flush as she lets out a laugh and hands me another one. I mumble a thank you and start to eat the sandwich much slower this time. "You're so cute." I hear Maren gush at me. I grumble a no you under my breath as I eat my sandwich.

After we all ate and rested for a while we got back on the reindeer and started back on our journey. "Hey, Elsa...." I hear Ryder say.
"Yes?"
"What is Arendelle like?"
"Well there's lots of colors and most the people there are very friendly."
"Is there gonna be space for the reindeer?"
"Of course we'll put them in the stable with Sven, he'll be very happy to have some friends."
"What's the food like?" At this question, Honeymaren and I can't help but laugh. "I think it's pretty good. Thers is going to be a lot of new dishes that you'll get to try, that I think you'll like." I say. "Will there be any more of that's sweet stuff?" He asks."What sweet stuff?" I ask, confused. "You know, that what's it called? Hmmm, chocolate." He says excitedly. "Oh yes there will definitely be lots of chocolate," I say and he grins from ear to ear.

After a while of riding in silence is can see we're approaching Arendelle. "Hey, we're almost there," I say and watch as the siblings look over to there left where you can see Arendelle. "Wow, it's so pretty." I hear Ryder gush. I look over at Maren and see that she's silent and sad looking. I'll ask her when we get there, I think to myself.

As we start to enter Arendelle I see people looking at us smiling and whispering excitedly. "Elsa!!" I hear the voice of my dear sister call out. I look ahead and smile at Anna whose dragging Kristoff, Olaf, and, Sven behind her. I quickly get off the reindeer and get tackled by my sister's tiny figure. "Aww, I've missed you, it's been forever." She mumbles into my shirt. I chuckle and hug her back. "I saw you ten days ago." I say and she says, "I know but ten days is sooo long." I laugh and we get up. "Aww don't worry I've missed you guys too," Anna says and gives the sibling big hugs.

"Let me show you guys to your rooms," Anna said. After we had said our hellos we went into the castle and now Anna is showing us our rooms. Anna opened the door to a room and said, "This is Ryder's room." Ryder let out an amazed whoa and walked in. "Thanks, Anna."
"No problem, and Honeymaren this is your room." She says opening up the door to the room next door to Ryder's. "Wow, it's beautiful. Thank you." Maren says walking into the room looking around. "Also I made sure to get you guys rooms right across the hall from Elsa's room. Just in case." She says. They both nod and walk into their rooms to unpack. I open the door to my old childhood room that I used to share with Anna before the accident. It's much more comforting and warm than the one I spent so much time alone in. I sigh and throw myself onto the bed exaggeratedly, and close my eyes while letting out a loud groan. I suddenly hear a chuckle and open my eyes to see Maren looking at me smirking. "What?" I say as she stares at me. "Oh, nothing it's just who knew the fifth spirit would be such a drama queen." She says teasingly. I let out an exaggerated gasp and say, " I am not a drama queen." She laughs and says, "Sssure," Making sure to drag out the s. I give her a playful glare and slowly stand up and get close to her. Her smirk seems to fall as I get closer. I hear her gulp as I lean in close to her ear and whisper, "Run." She quickly starts to run out the door and I chase her through the corridors. She giggles as she lets out a small fake scream. She stops when she sees she's at a dead end and turns around and looks at me standing there. She playfully says, "Elsa lets talk about this, you really don't want to do this." I smirk and quickly tackle her, making sure to be gentle. We both look at each other as I'm on top of her and burst out laughing. I get off of her and get up. "Come on your brother is probably looking for us," I say helping her up, still giggling.

After we found Ryder we went down for dinner and sat down. "Anna, how have the royal duties been going?" I ask curious, about how my sister has been handling everything. "Honestly it's been a total pain I don't know how you did it, figuring out your powers while tending to everyone in Arendelle." She says exasperated. "Thankfully I have Kristoff and Olaf to help me through it though." She finishes. I smile at her looking so in love with this man. Just by looking at them you can see how in love they are, and honestly, I really like Kristoff for my sister. He is a total upgrade from Hans, which reminds me I have to talk to Anna about that tomorrow.

After dinner, we all went to our rooms. After I got ready for bed I went out onto the balcony and looked over a quiet-looking Arendelle that seemed so busy just a couple hours before. I sigh and get into bed looking up at my ceiling. My thoughts drift off to how Honeymaren and I had been goofing off in the corridors just mere hours before. I remember how close we were when I was on top of her after I had tackled her. I feel my cheeks slightly flush at the thought. I feel myself smile and I quietly drift off to sleep.
__________________________________

I'm sorry for the late update, there's just been a lot going on. I hope to have some new chapters updated later this week, but for now, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 🙃