Prologue

*Please favorite, follow or comment! xo*

When I was younger, I didn't know I wanted to be a cop. I was that girl who dreamed of being a princess at age five, then longing to be an actress at thirteen. Then at nineteen my parents were murdered. Brutally. My mother was cut into pieces, my father's skull was bashed in...and I heard it. My little brother and I were hiding in the hidden closet of our old Victorian home in the dining room. I tried to cover my fifteen year old brothers ears, I tried to shield him. I couldn't, their screams were so loud. Jason whimpered into my shoulder, which almost felt strange considering he was going through puberty and took great pride in that. Once it was over, once we had gone through the motions of losing our parents, I joined the police academy. I knew that it wouldn't bring them back. I knew it wouldn't get my baby brother out of the mental institution I had to put him in after three failed suicide attempts. But I had to do something. This was my way of fixing what I could. I wanted to put every single piece of shit thug behind bars. I wanted to make sure they couldn't hurt anyone else. When I met him, I wanted to bust him. When he asked me to start working for him, I wanted to say no. Instead, I fell in love with him. I fell in love with one of Detroit's most dangerous criminals.