Chapter 5

Chapter 5

His grip on me tightened. He dug his fingers into my hip bones and groaned into my ear, sending chills up my spine. This was it. My cover was blown, and there was no way he would let me go. I fought back the tears. I wouldn't let him see me cry. If I were going to go out, I would go out with dignity, for fucks sake.

"Rio..." I started to say. He shook my body in his hands and chuckled.

"Don't lie to me, baby girl. If I hear one more lie come out of that pretty mouth of yours, I won't make it quick." Rio growled into my ear as he pulled me tight against his chest.

"I won't lie to you," I said, trying to regain a breath. "Yes, I am a federal agent. I went undercover last year." I said, suddenly feeling his hand move from my right hip into my hair and tug down so he could see my face. I yelped slightly in pain. I could feel his handgun in his pants, and my heart started to race.

"How close? How close are you to getting me?" He asked.

"Close. This New Jersey trip would have been the last for your organization. But I couldn't do it. The report I sent to my supervisors was bullshit. I told them nothing was found, that you are a rare product collector, which has been the reason for all of your dealings outside of Detroit. I told them we have nothing solid on you at this time, and to pursue it would be a waste of resources and money. I told them to look further into Don Tucci." I said, patiently waiting for him to respond. I heard him breathe out in frustration.

"What makes you so sure they will listen?" Rio said in a menacingly calm tone.

"I can check now. I can show you everything we have. Trust me, if I were still a fucking cop in my mind, I wouldn't be doing this. I stopped being a cop the minute I let you fuck me." I said, watching his eyes. He smiled but not in a way that turned me on. It terrified me.

"Show me what you got." He said as he released my hair. "Wait, hang on, darlin'." He said before spinning me around roughly. He reached into my jeans and pulled out my handgun before shoving it into his jeans. The fact that he wasn't using the other piece to hold me at gunpoint was a good sign. Maybe I would live after all. I took the framed painting off the wall and got my laptop out of the safe. I opened it and inputted my information to log into the government server. Once the website was brought up on the screen, Rio went to take it into his hands. Before he did, I shoved his hands away, and he looked at me, half pissed, half confused. I lifted my finger to my lips and ran to the kitchen to grab some duct tape. I came back over and put a piece over the camera and took out my phone.

They can listen and see.

I texted, then showed him my phone. He didn't nod, but he lifted his head slightly in acknowledgment. He took the laptop and started digging. I felt sick. I couldn't tell if the feeling was from him looking through the FBI's files on him or the fact that he could kill me at any moment. I couldn't help but feel like that last fear would be justified on his part. After about an hour of him looking and me sitting on the couch next to him, he slammed my laptop shut. He sighed and put his hands to his lips in a praying manner. After what seemed like an eternity, he finally spoke.

"Okay. I'm not gonna kill you, Andy...for now. It would seem that you were trying to help me. Be my eyes and ears in that joint, and you live. Lie to me again or cross me again, and I put a bullet in that beautiful head of yours. Feel me?" He asks. I nod. If I wanted to live, I had to understand. I was his now. While I did not like it, he owned me.

When Rio had left me that night, he gave me one small kiss on my forehead before leaving my apartment. How I didn't have a busted lip or any indication that he tried to hurt me was beyond me. I could hold my hold, and I could certainly do just as much damage as he could, but it didn't come to that.