Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I started to hyperventilate. I mean, sure, Rio had Marcus, so I knew he liked kids. But come on. This was Rio we were talking about. Just last week, he was ordering a hit on a politician in Detroit. Not that I was judging, I dug up a body a couple of months before our wedding because we needed leverage...in parts. How would we take care of a baby? How would I take care of a baby? A little creature that needed me 24/7? I had no reason to think I would be a good mother other than I loved Marcus with all of my heart, and I would gladly take a bullet for the kid.

"Andy? Sweetie, are you okay?" Beth asked as she took Annie's place in front of me. Beth moved my hair out of my face to look into my eyes. I saw Beth stand up and open the bathroom door. The guys were waiting outside with the pickup. "Um, she is just having some female problems. She will catch up." Beth offered as I saw them look past her to me for approval. I nodded, and they left. Beth left, and Ruby finally spoke.

"Was it planned?" Ruby asked.

"Um, no. I am on the pill, and I was taking it religiously. I don't get it." I said.

"That's how Beth got Kenny. She took hers right too. Sometimes it just happens." Ruby said sympathetically. "Do you want something to drink?" Ruby asked.

"Uh, no thanks. Um. Fuck I gotta get home. I gotta make sure the guys get the drop to the warehouse." I said frantically as I stood up from the toilet.

"Okay, well, do you want one of us to go with you?" Annie offered.

"No, it's okay. I will be fine. Thanks..."I said as I headed for the door.

"Andy, hang on!" Beth said as she came running down the stairs. She handed me a big pill bottle. "Prenatal vitamins. These are some of the best, and they aren't on the market anymore." Beth said, smiling.

"Thanks," I said quietly, with a smile. She nodded.

"Text me later!" Annie called after me. I nodded as I closed the door. I never did go to the warehouse.

___________________________________________________________________________

A week had gone by, and I still hadn't told Rio about the baby. I think he knew something was up, but he was so busy. We had been having some issues with our California charter, and he was trying to handle that while I took care of Chicago's needs. I was trying to get Beth and the girls to agree to come with me to Chicago for a weekend to show them their technique. Beth said she would on a weekend that she didn't have the kids. Ruby said she could in a couple of weeks, and the same for Annie to be impossible. But with everything going on, I wanted to wait until the right time. I was trying my best to hide my morning sickness, but fuck, I was pretty much dying. This kid was kicking my ass already, and it was the size of a watermelon seed.

It was early morning, and I had already beat Rio to the bathroom to puke my brains out. I was making it a habit of getting up an hour before he does so I could get it all out before he noticed. I had a meeting with Tia later today, and I was already exhausted. I sat in the shower until the hot water ran out, and when I came out, Rio was getting a cup of coffee from the pot. The smell was making me want to hurl. I got into the fridge and got out bubbly water. Rio came up behind me and breathed into my neck.

"Mmm...you smell so good." He said. I smiled. I knew I had to tell him. I didn't know when or how. I honestly didn't know how he would take it. He never said if he wanted another kid or not.

"So do you," I said as I turned to breathe into him. He actually did smell really good, and somehow it was helping nausea. He was already dressed in his usual button-up shirt and jeans for the day, he looked so damn good, and these hormones were making me want to jump him all damn day. He let me go and sat at the dining table.

"Whatchu got goin' on today, darlin'?" He asked as he pulled out his phone.

"Oh, just gonna catch up with Tia and figure out what her schedule is like next month because Beth and the girls agreed to take a field trip out to Chicago. Their techniques are too good not to pass to the other locations." I said as I took another sip of my water.

"Yeah, maybe we could get new people to learn it out here too..." Rio said suggestively.

"No. I already told you no. Beth, Ruby, and Annie stay in." I said.

"I don't know why you care about them. Annie, I get but Beth? Bitch tried to kill me. She almost did." He reminded me.

"I know, baby. But I don't think she would do that again. If she did, I would kill her myself." I said as I walked over and kissed him. He smiled.

"I know you would, darlin'." He said in that smooth voice that made my knees buckle. Even now.

___________________________________________________________________________

I sat in the booth across from Tia and sipped on my sprite. I passed on lunch because I feared I wouldn't be able to keep it down.

"So has he been tolerable?" I asked. Tia nodded.

"Actually, yeah. In fact, Don didn't even show up to our meeting last Saturday. It was his that thick-necked goon of his." Tia explained.

"That's good, I guess. I don't think he will be bothering you anymore." I said as I took another sip. Tia eyed me and smiled.

"So when are you due?" She asked. I choked on my Sprite, and my eyes widened. "I can tell you're nauseous. You definitely glow." She added.

"I don't know. I have an appointment next Tuesday. I haven't told Rio yet." I confessed.

"Take your time. He will find out eventually, though." She said, laughing. I hated not telling him, but I wanted it to be right, and honestly, I wasn't sure if we would even decide to keep it. I wanted it, I think. But would Rio?

____________________________________________________________________________

I headed home after I met with Tia and went straight to the bathroom. I threw up everything I had in my stomach, which wasn't much. When I finally finished, I brushed my teeth and gargled some mouthwash. I suddenly heard the front door open. I didn't realize it was around the time Rio usually got home on weeknights. I emerged from the bathroom, and he was in the kitchen, setting a brown bag on the counter and opening a bottle of my favorite vodka. Shit.

"Hey, babe. I got that sushi you like." He said. Double shit. "You okay?" He asked as he eyed me for a moment.

"Um, yeah. Just a stressful day, I guess." I lied.

"Yeah? How come?" He asked as he poured me a glass of vodka and passed in my direction.

"Oh, just business. You know, getting this Chicago meeting set up." I said as I absentmindedly took a drink from the glass. I suddenly realized what I was doing, and without thinking, I ran to the kitchen sink and spat the alcohol out. I then realized what I just did. I look behind me, and Rio is standing there, completely frozen.

"Surprise?" I said, smiling. I had no idea what was to come next.

*Please follow and vote! Love you guys!