Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I woke up the following morning, and I had a splitting headache. I didn't remember much of the previous twelve hours. I did remember having mind-blowing birthday sex with Rio in the club bathroom. I also remembered Annie barfing outside then drinking half a bottle of Dom Perignon in the limo. Then I vaguely recalled Rio throwing me over his shoulder and throwing my drunk ass on the bed before I passed out. It was a damn good birthday. I was still in my dress when Marcus came running into our room with Rio following. Marcus jumped on the bed, and I smiled. He gave me a giant hug, and my heart melted.

"Happy Birthday Andy," Marcus said sweetly.

"Thank you, bud. I was hoping I would get to celebrate with you!" I exclaimed. I saw Rio smile out of the corner of my eye.

"Daddy says we're going to go to brunch, then you and mom are going to the spa for the day," Marcus said smiling, his little loose tooth popping out.

"Oh yeah? That sounds like a plan, my dude. I'll get dressed real quick, and I will meet you and your momma downstairs, okay?" I said as I fist-bumped him. He ran downstairs, and Rio ruffled his hair when he passed. Once Marcus was gone, and the door was locked, I groaned and rubbed my temples. Rio laughed.

"How you feelin' my queen?" He asked, leaning against the long dresser.

"Like death. Nothing a little family time won't cure." I said as I got up and peeled my dress off. I looked into the mirror above our dresser and groaned at how trashed I looked. "Oh god, I look terrible. This is going to take a minute to fix." I said as Rio came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed my shoulder and buried his head into my neck.

"You look beautiful." He whispered. I smiled.

"Well, thank you, but I am gonna clean up a bit. I'll be down soon, yeah?" I said as he let go, and I headed into the bathroom. I did my best to clean up my face, and after about ten minutes, I looked presentable. I put on my black boho lace maxi dress and shoved on my Doc Martin boots. I donned my look with a chic brown hat and put on my sunglasses. I had a feeling the light of day would blind me. I came down the stairs, and Rhea was sitting on the couch while Rio and Marcus were wrestling on the floor. Rhea saw me and smiled. She set her coffee down and got up to hug me.

"How you feelin' birthday girl?" She asked as she hugged me tightly.

"Ugh, don't remind me. I wish you could have come last night." I said.

"Ah, we'll have a girls' night soon. Couldn't find a sitter for the little man." Rhea said as Marcus squealed on the ground as Rio tickled him.

"I've got you covered, ladies. Just let me know when." Rio said as he fake body slammed Marcus.

We went to my favorite brunch restaurant, and I caught myself smiling at what I had. I had a family. Sure, it wasn't conventional, but it was real. Marcus told me about his friends at school. Rhea told us she got a promotion at the doctors' office she worked at. It was a good birthday brunch. When Rio had paid the bill, he took Marcus while Rhea and I went next door to the five-star spa. We got mani and pedi's, then finished with facials and massages. It was a blast. Rhea was so much fun to hang out with, and it was nice that it wasn't weird.

"So I gotta ask, are you seein' anyone?" I asked. Rhea smiled and shook her head slightly.

"I mean, yeah...I don't know. It's not...ideal, I guess." She said as we were sitting in the sauna sipping champagne.

"Ideal? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Her name is Eva. She is so amazing." She said, waiting for my response.