Chapter 23

Chapter 23

The next six months were boring, to say the least. Rio was adamant that I didn't participate in the work. I was pissed at first, but once I started getting bigger, I was okay with it. My back hurt, I felt huge, and my feet constantly felt like I had cement blocks attached to them. Once constant nausea wore off, I was craving the weirdest things. I hated pickles, and once I hit seven months, all I wanted was pickles with peanut butter. My mood swings were out of this world too.

I was sitting there watching Friends when Rio came in around midnight. It was the episode where Chandler and Monica get engaged. I was bawling my fucking eyes out, and my jar of pickles was gone. Rio laughed slightly and shook his head. He came over and sat next to me and kissed my forehead.

"Babe, I told you to stop watching the sad ones. You gotta skip over em'." He said as he rubbed his hand over my stomach.

"I know, but....this one is....so good." I said between sniffles.

Rio and I had found out the sex of the baby as soon as we could. Rhea had said that she wanted to be surprised with Marcus, but I couldn't wait.

"So have you guys picked out names for each?" Dr. Stinmyer asked.

"Yeah. If it's a girl, Isabella Marie. If it's a boy, then after his uncle Christopher. So Christopher Ryan." I said as Rio held my hand while the doctor drug the doppler over my second-trimester stomach. I waited patiently, and Rio ran his thumb over my hand lightly.

"Okay...here we go. Congratulations, it looks like you'll meet Isabella this summer." Dr. Stinmyer said. I looked at Rio with a giant smile. He shook his head and smiled as he kissed my forehead.

"I told you." I said confidently. Rio smiled and kissed me, not caring that Dr. Stinmyer was right there.

"Yeah, you called it Mama." He said, resting his head on mine.

I had to admit. I really did miss the job. Rio had been dealing with a new player then came into town recently. I had never seen Rio so stressed about the competition before. I had told him to smoke the guy, but he said that he couldn't get anywhere near him. He was some middle-aged dude that had a double life as a community outreach director but was washing money on the side. I dare say that Rio seemed more than stressed...more like scared. But I would never tell him that. Rhea and Annie were being super helpful during my pregnancy and kept me company.

"Goddamn dude, you are getting better at this shit." Eddie said as Annie giggled.

"I have nothing but time on my hands now, bro. Mortal Kombat has been a major player in my life as of late." I said as I continued kicking his ass.

"I say that's super productive." Annie said.

"Thank you." I joked.

"As this girl's godparents, I feel like we need to make sure she has adequate gaming skills for sure." Annie pointed out. I laughed and nodded my head.

We had asked Eddie and Annie to be Izzy's godparents after the baby shower we threw, and they accepted. Annie was so excited, and Eddie was too. I think Eddie wanted a kid, but Annie didn't. I told her that she was still young, but she said she didn't want to destroy her vagina again. The baby shower was interesting. It was funny to see all of the tatted-up gangbangers come in with baby-themed presents and giant pink and blue bows.

I was now nine months pregnant and only a couple of weeks before my due date. Rio and I had moved to a townhouse in the city that had four bedrooms. I wanted one for the baby and one for Marcus. I also really wanted a guest room, so Rio shelled out 500k to get what I wanted. I hated being spoiled, but I really wanted it. I was sitting in the living room when all of a sudden, I felt like I seriously had to pee. I waddled over to the first-floor bathroom and sat on the toilet. Out of nowhere, a gush of liquid came out, and I knew what was happening.