Chapter 6 - No More Mask

*Leilani-Lorali*

They had me in a room next to Lorna's. We could still see and hear each other, but we were put far enough apart that we would be unable to use our abilities with each other. I sat in the corner closest to Lorna's 'room'. I didn't look up when I heard footsteps enter both cells. I did, however, look up when I heard an all too familiar voice.

"Ms. Dane?" I stared holes into the side of my father's head, "My name is Reed Strucker. My associate, Carla Jackson, will be in the other room with your friend, Ms..." He looked on his paper to get the name, my name. I saw shock seep into his face, his head whipping to mine so quickly his neck popped. He didn't speak my last name.

I think Lorna realized our relation quite quickly, but she said nothing about it. She spoke to him, instead. "I'd offer you a seat, but, you know." She smirked slightly. Dad made a face but spoke once more,

"You were both accused of attempted murder on two police officers. That, plus the enhanced sentencing for use of your mutant abilities" I cut off his next sentence,

"Equals, we're screwed." He seemed shocked at my words, but I kept my face placid and emotionless. "Yeah, we got that." I gave him a look, but he ignored it and turned back to Lorna.

"We can reduce the charges, in exchange for your cooperation." Lorna gave him a 'Really?' face but kept cool.

"Look all I know is I was walking in the rain, with my friend here, and some cops shot at us." She nodded her head in my direction as she mentioned me.

"Come on, Ms. Dane. You and your, associates," another glance went my way. "in the mutant underground have aided and abetted dozens, if not hundreds, of mutant fugitives" Dad then began to open the door to her cell.

"Reed." The Carla woman warned.

"It's okay." He reassured her. "Believe it or not, I'm trying to help you. These are serious charges, attempted murder..." He hissed in pain, Lorna had begun to use her abilities.

"Those screws in your knee...old sports injury?" She shifted her hand, making him gasp, "If I wanted to, I could tear out those screws, and show you some attempted murder" I sat back and let her do this, he may be my father but he abandoned my siblings and Iwhen we needed him.

She released her hold on him, making him gasp again. "Believe me, if I wanted those cops dead, they'd be dead." 

"There is a factor you may not be aware of. I'm gonna ask the court to assign the two of you a lawyer, okay?" He held his gaze on her, as he held a paper up for her to see, but I knew he wanted to look at me.

"Song of a bitch," she whispered, he turned from her and exited the cell "No, no, no, no." She sobbed "No. No, no!" she continued to shout and cry. Lorna pulled a large metal thing out from behind the two-way glass and the lights began to break.

My father then, finally, held his gaze on me. "Give it some thought," He spoke quickly and left the room. The second he was gone I began to try and help Lorna calm down,

"Lorna, what was on that paper? It can't be that bad, we can get through it together." She just continued to cry and I heard her mutter the words,

"I-I'm pregnant" before she screamed again and collapsed onto the floor. My dad, and a few officers, then walked into my room. A few officers in Lorna's as well.

They held a mutant collar and began to walk closer, I shrunk further back into the corner. They had an officer hold me up while the other put the collar on me. It made a sm=hrill beeping noise before it began to shock me. I screamed and fell to the floor in agony. My dad rushed in but the sentinel agents stopped him. I fought to get the words out, but I knew why it was shocking me.

"Please! Let-!" I had to try and catch my breath before attempting to finish, "I have a mask! It- It covers what- what phys-physical mu-mutations I h-have." I gasped, fighting the urge to scream, the collar turned off for a moment, allowing me to remove my mask that I've kept up for all these years. I heard the collar turn back on but passed out, exhausted. Well, I guess that means no more mask.

Hey everybody, so I know its been a while and this is kinda short but I hope you guys like it. Also, a little information I didn't know how to put in the story: Lei's hair burned slightly during her whole fire thing last chapter, also, while on the run, Lei and Lauren had a birthday and they are now 18. That's all but I really hope you all enjoyed. Love you guys💙