Chapter 2 - My Twin is a Mutant Too

Before I begin this chapter I just wanna say, I found this song and it's absolutely amazing and I can only find it on youtube but I think it's a great song for girls like me who don't fit in or don't feel happy where they are. If you enjoy this song, its called Mismatched Girl Club by Alex Carroll. Anyways, on to the chapter!

*Leilani-Lorali*

It's been 5 years since I discovered my Mutation, I've had a lot of time to figure out my powers. I learned that my ability is, or I believe it to be, the ability to control and manipulate ions, molecules, atoms, and other components similar. I've practically mastered the use of my powers, although it was very difficult. I was nearly caught several times, but so far I'm okay.

Mom, Lauren and I were all in the car on our way home. We were casually driving when a semi-truck driver veered into our lane. The head-on collision seemed inevitable, and my abilities had no way to stop it. I looked at my twin sister just as her hand shot out and the truck looked like it got pushed away. I knew that this was the moment I had been waiting for these past 5 years, Lauren discovered her X-gene.

Mom couldn't stop saying how it was a miracle we survived and as soon as we got home she went straight to Dad and Andy to tell them all about it. Lauren said she wanted to lay down before going straight off to bed. I followed her after a few minutes, preparing what I was going to say in my head. I opened the door to our joint bedroom and saw her sitting on the bed with her head in her hands. I walked closer and nearly whispered,

"Lauren?" She jumped off the bed and dropped her hands. I didn't let her have the chance to say anything before I continued, "You're a Mutant, aren't you?"

I could see the panic in her eyes rise, and she shook her head no very fast. I gave her a look and she sighed, sitting on her bed once more. I sat next to her and took her hand,

"I didn't mean to be a Mutant Lei, the truck was just coming toward us and I-i-i..." She stuttered and trailed off. I gave her a knowing smile, taking a deep breath and saying,

"I'm a Mutant too, I have been for 5 years now." I finished with a smile towards my twin. For the rest of the night, we talked about our abilities. I explained to her the Mutant soulmate thing, telling her to pay attention when she makes skin-to-skin contact. She told me that she didn't think she would ever be able to control her power. I decided that, from that night on, I would teach her to use them until she could master them just like me. We didn't realize that, once we were 17, our little brother would change our lives forever.

Sorry, this chapter is way short. I'm mostly building up until the storyline of the show starts. I also aged them all down for my changes. Andy will discover his abilities when he is 15 and the girls are 17. Thanks for reading!

This is the girls' bedroom: