Chapter 2

Lucius

"Sir, we already made a list of the media that we will accommodate in this launching. They already know the protocol so rest assured that no pictures of you will be taken."

I nodded at my secretary. "Thanks, Glen."

He helped me put on my coat and fixed my crook tie before we left the office. And while on the way to the hotel where the launching will be held, he keeps on updating me about everything that I need to know.

"The hotel already confirmed that Mr. Sy and Mr. Osco have arrived. As well as Mrs. Lim." he said as he go through the list of the guests. Nasa passenger's seat sya, katabi ng driver. While I'm alone in the backseat.

"How about Helios Gallagher?" I asked.

"He arrived at the hotel five minutes ago with his fiancee, Miss Carmilla Johnson."

I smirked. I'm gonna see that fucker again.

I own the D'Angelo hotels and corporation, a hotel chain company that has already fifty-six hotels located at different areas in the country. I am targeting to build a hotel internationally if this new one will be successful.

Next week will be the opening of the new hotel located at Cebu and I am giving my speech at the main hotel here in Manila about it. I honestly hate this kind of thing. Going on public, speaking in front of the investors, shareholders and business partners. I know that some time in my life, I need to do this. Pero kung maiiwasan ay gagawin ko.

I wanted to keep a low profile that's why no pictures of me has been posted on the internet. They only knew my name. Lucius D'Angelo, the son of one of the business tycoon, Lucas D'Angelo.

Kahit anong gawin ko, nakasunod ang pangalan ko sa ama ko. Everytime that my name is mentioned, ang kasunod na noon ay ang pangalan ni Dad. And that's how I made the decision to build my own company para makagawa ng sarili kong pangalan. Hence, the birth of D'Angelo hotels and corporation.

"How about my Dad?" I asked my secretary.

Ilang sandali syang natigilan. And that's when I knew what his answer is gonna be. Glen is a very efficient secretary. He can answer my every questions quickly. Kaya ngayong natigilan sya, alam ko na ang isasagot nya.

"Nevermind." I said and looked outside the window.

"We still have time before the start of the event, Sir." Glen said but I remained silent. I knew my father. He was never late. Palagi syang maaga kapag importante ang pupuntahan nya. It's either he's early or he won't attend at all.

Apparently, he must've thought that my event is just a waste of his time.

The car stopped because of the crossing pedestrians. There is no traffic lights so the vehicles must give way to them. Pero may ilan din talagang mga pasaway at nakikipag-patintero sa mga tao even though they're at the pedestrian lane.

I sighed. What a bunch of fucktards.

My eyebrows creased when the car behind us honked it's horn. Inis akong napalingon sa likod pero napansin ko na gumagalaw na pala ang mga sasakyan sa kabilang lane. Maybe that's why the driver of the car behind us became impatient.

"What happened?" I asked my driver. Sa amin na lang kasi ang hindi gumagalaw.

"May tumatawid pong matanda, Sir." my driver answered me.

Doon ko nakita ang matandang lalaki na mabagal sa paglalakad habang tumatawid. He was holding a cane to support his weight dahil mukhang hindi na kinakaya ng mga tuhod.