Chapter 10

Lucius

"You're hired."

The woman offered her hand to me to which I accepted and gave her a fomal but firm handshake. I don't know what expression I'm wearing right now but I know that it's far from those who got accepted from the job.

What should I do? I have never experienced something like this before. Being hired from the job. Fuck, I am the CEO of my own company but what am I doing here answering interview questions from another company?

But that was a fast application. Wala pang isang araw pero natanggap kaagad ako. The application only took six hours and I got immediately accepted until the final interview.

"Comeback here on Friday for your contract signing. Ito ang list ng mga requirements. Kahit yung mga may check lang ang madala mo sa Friday." she handed me a piece of paper with the list of the requirements.

"Thank you." I said and got up from the seat.

As I went out of the room, I tried to remember what I was doing here. Angela called me yesterday and said that she has another job to offer me. I got excited not because of the job but because I'm gonna see her again. It's been one week since the last time that I saw her.

I don't understand what's happening to me. Gumising pa talaga ako ng maaga 'cause she said that I need to be early for the interview para maaga din daw kaming matapos. Mas maaga, mas madaling matapos.

Then I found out that the job she's offering me is from a BPO company. Dahil daw magaling akong mag-english at marunong naman daw akong sumagot ng mga tanong, malaki ang chance na matatanggap ako. Wala na akong magawa nang hilahin nya ako papasok sa loob ng building.

Now, I'm starting to regret why I'm talking to her in English. Kung hindi ay hindi agad ako matatanggap sa trabahong 'to. Then maybe she will still help me find another job and we will have another time again to be together.

Sisimulan ko nang kausapin sya ngayon in Tagalog.

It's a good thing that Angela isn't suspecting who I really am. Kahit na sa salitang English ko sya kinakausap ay hindi sya nagtataka. In the business world, it can't be help that our language is English especially that we have investors and business partners that are not Filipino.

Hindi ko alam kung kailan ko sasabihin kay Angela ang totoo. I am enjoying my time with her. I feel like I am the real me when I'm with her even if I'm using a fake identity. Even if she knew me as Lester Cervantes and not Lucius D'Angelo. She made me feel that I can be free from anything. That I don't have to work so hard and just be a normal person.

At pakiramdam ko, magbabago ang lahat ng iyon kapag nalaman nya kung sino talaga ako.

Maybe... I will tell her who I really am some other time. For now, I will just enjoy my time with her.

"Anong balita?" Angela asked and she even stood up from her seat when she saw me. Naghintay talaga sya sa akin dito sa visitor lounge ng company na 'to.

I stared at her face. She looked expectant but I can see the trust that she has for me. She knew that I can really do it.

God... She's breathtakingly beautiful.

I showed her the piece of paper with the list of requirements.

"Hired." sabi ko at ngumisi sa kanya.

I was caught off guard when she gave me her wide smile. The beating of my heart became fast with every second as I stared at her face. But I felt my whole world stopped when she gave me a big warm hug.

Fuck... She smelled so good.

"Sabi sayo kaya mo yan, eh!" she said while she was still hugging me.