Chapter 8

Lucius

My gaze remained on the woman who's sitting on the carpeted floor inside my office. She was doing her homeworks and her books that look like a bible because of its thickness were all over the coffee table. Her cup of coffee na dapat ay nakapatong doon ay nasa lapag na.

I heaved a deep sighed and closed my eyes. Just by looking at her, I feel like my world is as unorganized as hers too.

There's was a knocked on the door that made my eyes open. I noticed how the woman straighten her back while looking at the door that swung open. Glen, my secretary, came in and the woman's shoulders quickly slumped. I hid the smirk that wanted to show on my lips.

"Sir, these documents from financial department need your signature." Glen said and he handed me a bunch of papers with a cheque on it.

"What is this?" I asked.

"It's the budget for the month, Sir. For food and beverage."

I nodded. Nagpaalam na rin naman si Glen. He knew that I needed to review this document first before I will sign it.

When Glen left, I looked at the woman again who's writing something on her book. She's here almost the same time I got in here. At wala syang ginawa kundi ang pagkaabalahan na gawin ang homeworks nya.

She got bored the week before pero ngayon ay tinambakan sya ng mga homeworks nya. I can't help but to be amazed by her determination. She must really wanted to be an obstetrician gynecologist. She looked so serious while writing her answers on the book.

Her books are too thick. Pwedeng gawing sandata sa mga kalaban.

I heard a knock on the door again but I didn't take away my eyes from the woman. Napansin ko ulit ang pagtuwid nya sa pagkakaupo at nakaabang sa kung sinumang papasok doon. She looked excited but when the door opened again and Glen came in, she looked really disappointed.

"Sorry, Sir. May naiwan." Glen said. Mabilis nya namang iniwan ang papel sa table ko at lumabas din agad.

This time, I laughed loudly that's why the woman looked at me.

"What's with you?" she asked and looked at me like I'm some kind of an unknown specie.

I smirked. "You like him, don't you?"

"What?" she tried to look confused but I can see in her that she knew what I'm talking about.

Alright. I'll let her be with her acting. She's lame though.

I tsked. This Queen needs more training.

"Fourth." I said. "You like him, don't you?"

I saw the tension in her eyes which made me chuckled. She's so transparent. Good thing that she's not requesting to be in a frontline on our mission. Mamamatay lang kaagad sya. And I won't allow her to do a mission, anyway.

In the end, she just sighed and didn't bother to deny my observation. Ibinalik nya ang atensyon sa ginagawa nya at hindi na lang nagsalita.

My Queen is inlove.

"He's looking for someone. Is it a girl?" tanong ko pang may halong pang-aasar. Makabawi man lang sana ako sa mga ginawa nya sa aking kalokohan noon.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Name's Daphne Madrigal."

I chuckled. Wow. She's fast! "You've already done your own research, huh?"

She rolled her eyes at me and continued doing her homeworks. But I'm not planning to let her get away easily. Now that I have the chance to tease her, I won't let this opportunity to pass.