Chapter 14

Lucius

Angela and I were both quiet as I walk her home. She insisted that I let my driver go home 'cause it seems that she thought I only rented the car. My own fucking car. And that's why we are now walking side by side in this damn road.

I can't blame her. She thought that I am Lester Cervantes, isang mahirap na lalaki na marami nang utang sa kanya. Until now, she doesn't have any idea about who I really am. And I don't plan on telling her about the truth anytime soon.

I need more time. More time to be free. More time to enjoy every moment with her.

Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko sa pagsasabi ng nararamdaman ko kanina. She was so beautiful tonight. She only wears light makeup and a simple dress but those were enough to take my breath away. Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko na yakapin sya at hawakan ang kamay nya kanina.

And fuck, the moment that I felt her warmth of her body when I hugged her, parang ayoko nang bumitaw. I just want us to stay that way. I don't want to let go. Natatakot ako na baka hindi na maulit iyon. So I held her hand the whole dinner. At nakuntento na ako doon.

Angela was so quiet from the moment when we left the restaurant. Hindi ko na sya tinangkang kausapin pa. Maybe she got shocked by my words earlier. I am just waiting for her to ask the questions. Aamin ako kapag nagtanong sya but her lips remained shut.

I heaved a deep breath. Does she thinks that I was putting an act earlier? Does she thinks that all of my words weren't true? Or she was just too shocked kaya sya tahimik ngayon?

Naghihintay lang talaga ako, pero hanggang sa matanaw ko na ang bahay nya ay hindi na talaga sya nagsalita.

Fuck. I don't want the night to end just like this. I want her to say something. I want to know what she's thinking but I am having a hard time reading the emotions on her face. Fuck it. I was trained to read what people's thinking through the expression on their faces pero hindi ko iyon magawa kay Angela. Hanggang sa makarating kami sa tapat ng bahay nya ay hindi talaga sya nagsalita.

Damn... Say something, love, please.

She turned around and faced me. I only stared at her face 'cause she looked like she's going to say something. So I waited for her. Kanina ko pa gustong malaman kung anong iniisip nga.

I am nervous as fuck. I just confessed my feelings in front of her workmates. I have no idea that I could do something like that. I hate being the center of attraction in the crowds, right? Pero hindi ko na naisip iyon simula nang makita ko si Angela kanina.

Fuck... Not only she took my breath away, but she also made me do something crazybtonight.

Or maybe this is who I really am. Lumabas lang kung sino talaga ako at kung anong kaya kong gawin para kay Angela.

"Lester..." I heard her soft voice and fuck. Feeling ko ay mawawala na naman ako sa sarili ko.

"Yes, love?" I asked. Nakita ko ang pamumula ng mga pisngi nya and I just wanted to jump in delight.

She blushed! She fucking blushed! Does that mean that I also have an effect on her? Like how she's affecting me?

"'Y-yung ano..." she stammered and I couldn't help but to smile. "'Yung sinabi mo kanina..."

I bit my lower lip before I smirked. "Which one?"

"'Yung ano... 'Yung... Alam mo na 'yun!"

I stopped myself from smiling when I saw her blushing face. Pulang-pula na ang mukha nya at hiyang-hiya sya na halos hindi na nga makatingin sa akin. She was just looking down while playing with her fingers.