Chapter 6

Lucius

A sigh had escaped from my lips when I saw the two people sitting on the sofa inside my office. The woman was sitting comfortably with her legs crossed and her back leaning on the backrest while the man was sitting casually, leaving enough space between him and the woman.

I had enough stress for today and the last thing that I want is to see them together. It will only mean that disaster is coming. Fuck this. Kanina pa sumasakit ang ulo ko dahil sa mga problema.

Tomorrow will be the grand opening of the newly built hotel at Cebu but we've encounter a problem about the catering. Mali daw kasi ang natanggap nilang dami ng mga bisitang dadalo so the ingredients that they bought will not be enough. I had to go on a video call meeting with the manager of the restaurant to fix the mess. Luckily, naayos naman namin ang gulo.

Pero sumakit pa rin naman ang ulo ko.

And now these two. I'm sure na panibagong sakit ng ulo naman ang hatid nila. I don't know. They're like water and oil. Hindi magkasundo.

I entered the room and closed the door behind me. I have to remind myself to call Glen and made him changed the lock of my office.

"You're really here." I looked at the man dahil hindi na ako nabigla na makita ang babae dito. The Queen is here for almost everyday. Mukhang kukumpletuhin nya ang hindi pagpasok sa klase sa linggong ito.

I sat on my swivel chair and leaned my back on the backrest. Pagod na pagod ako pero mukhang hindi pa tapos ang problema ko ngayong araw.

"I told you, right?" the Queen proudly said. I looked at her and just gave her my smirk before I looked at the man.

"Buti natakasan mo 'yung butler mo?"

The British man played his lips with his fingers. Nakita kong pinapanood ng Queen ang bawat paggalaw ng mga daliri sa mga labi nya. She even went "Oohh..."

"I made him looked for someone." Fourth answered. Napataas ang kilay ko pero naunahan ako ng Queen sa pagtatanong.

She's curious.

"You're looking for someone?" she asked.

Fourth looked at her with indifference in his eyes. Natawa na lang ako. He had the guts to treat the Queen like that even if he's a rank lower than her since he's the King's Bishop.

"Yes." sagot ni Fourth na halatang ayaw pang ibuka ang bibig sa pagsagot.

I chuckled. "Why don't you let Tracer or L find that someone? I'm sure that they can do a better job than your butler."

"Kier is very much competent, Aius. He will and can find her. Besides, this one is innocent. I don't want her to get involved in the game."

"Oh... So you're protecting her, huh? Who is she? Maybe I can help?" the Queen said before she closed the distance between her and Fourth.

I laughed when Fouth choose to stood up than to be near her. Mabilis syang lumayo sa babae na parang may nakakahawang sakit. The Queen pouted who's clearly offended.

"Why are you like that? I'm just offering my help." she said.

Fourth smirked menangcily. "Rather than offering your help to me, why don't you go to school and be an obedient student?"

The Queen rolled her eyes. I laughed again. I feel like I'm watching a skit from a comedy duo.

"Ayoko munang pumasok." she said. But Fourth just looked at her disgustingly before he turned his attention to me.

"Tracer still haven't found the killer of his parents. L will go back here in the Philippines to improve the security of our hideout."

I chewed the insides of my cheeks. So Tracer is having a hard time even with the help of L. He's been doing EL Ordre's mission while finding the killer of his parents since the EL Ordre promised him that they will help him.

But unfortunately, he doesn't have any lead until now.

That fucker isn't asking for help. Kung minsan ay masarap batukan. We are a team and yet, he thinks that since this is his problem, he must be the one to solve it.

Lahat kami ay napatingin sa pinto nang makarinig ng pagkatok. I know that it is just my secretary. Kabisado ko na ang pagkatok nya pero napatingin na din ako sa pinto dahil napatingin ang dalawang bisita ko.

"Come in." I said.

It's obvious that Glen is surprised that I am looking at him the moment he opened the door. Nakasanayan nyang palagi akong subsob sa trabaho kapag ganito.

"Sir, I just have to remind you for your conference at Alabang branch by two in the afternoon."

Automatic na naghanap ang mga mata ko ng orasan. I still have forty five minutes to go but I had to go to the branch now to avoid being late.

"Thank you, Glen." napasulyap muna ang secretary ko sa mga kasama ko sa loob bago lumabas. "I have to go. I'm busy. Lock the door when you leave."

Hindi na ako nagpaliwanag at lumabas na ng office ko. They can take care of themselves dahil malalaki na naman sila. Glen rode the elevator with me but when the door opened when we reached the lobby, nagulat ako nang humahangos na lumapit sa akin ang reporter slash stalker ko.

"Mr. D'Angelo, there is a rumor circulating about you." sabi nya habang hinahabol ang paghakbang ko. "We heard from our resources that you have a girlfriend at a small advertising company?"

The fuck is he saying?

Mapapatigil na sana ako. But Glen urged me to keep on walking.

"Sir, you know how desperate he is to have an interview with you."

I sighed. That is true. Ilang beses na nga syang gumawa ng paraan para ma-interview ako.

I continued on walking but he keeps on following me. I have to remind myself to talk to the security personnel about the reporter and have him ban inside the building.

Hanggang sa paglabas ko ng building ay sinusundan nya pa rin ako. I removed my coat. Tinupi ko ang manggas ng inner shirt lo hanggang sa siko ko. He will follow me to Alabang. Ganoon sya ka-desperadong ma-interview ako.

So to get rid of him, hindi ako sumakay sa nakaparadang kotse sa harap ng building. I mingled with people instead. Para maiwala sya at hindi nya ako masundan sa Alabang.

I motioned Glen to buy time for me. Hinarangan nya ang lalaki para mawala ako sa paningin nya. But I had to change my clothes. Kaya nang mapadaan ako sa palengke ay basta na lang ako kumuha sa mga t-shirt na naka-display at sinabi na bibilhin ko iyon.

I took out my wallet, hoping to see some cash because the last time that I didn't, has been an embarrassing moment for me.

Naalala ko ulit yung babaeng nakasabay ko sa bus. The one who paid for me when I don't have cash with me.

But to my ultimate horror, I didn't see any cash with me. Puro cards lang ang laman ng wallet ko. And I'm fucking sure as well that they are not accepting card as a mode of payment.

"One-hundred fifty lang, pogi." sabi sa akin ng tindera nang makitang hinahalungkat ko ang wallet ko.

Fuck! Bibili-bili pa ako pero wala pala akong pera.

Tumingin ako sa pinanggalingan ko at nakita ang reporter na nagpapalinga-linga sa paglalakad at parang hinahanap ako.

Fuck it!

"Pogi, bibilhin mo pa ba?" tanong nung tindera na naiinis na dahil naghahalungkat pa rin ako sa wallet ko.

"Ako na lang po ang magbabayad."

Marahas akong napalingon sa tabi ko when I heard that voice. Beside me, is the woman that's been on my mind ever since I saw her. Her angelic face is hard to forget.

Nakangiti sya habang ang kamay ay inaabot ang bayad sa tindera. Her smile widened when she looked at me.

"Hello! Nagkita ulit tayo. At wala ka namang pambayad ulit."