Chapter 9: Table for Two

I go upstairs to my room. I go to my closet and try to find a nicer shirt. Even though we are just going out for pizza, I want to look decent. I grab a blue plain long sleeve shirt. I go over to my window and open it. I reach over to Troy's window and knock. I come back to my window and wait for him.

Two minutes later he opens his window. He smiles at me and I smile back.

"When we go to eat, can I come through your window? I don't want my parents knowing I'm eating. . ." I trail off at the end.

"Sure! I was thinking about that idea too. Do you want to go now? I'm starting to get hungry," he replied.

"Yeah," I say.

I start to climb out of my bedroom and put one leg into Troy's room. I put the rest of body through his window. I land on my butt. Ouch! That really hurt. I see Troy holding his stomach laughing.

"Your. . .Your. . .Face. . .Was. . .Priceless. . ." He said between his laughter.

I didn't know I was that funny. I get up and push him off of his bed. He lands with a loud thud. Now its my turn to laugh. He stays on the ground. He finally gets up and looks at me.

"You're going to pay for that miss Caroline," he said with an evil smirk.

I get up quickly and I bolt out of his room. I have to hide but where? I've only been in the kitchen and his room. I go down a hallway, and I open one of the doors and shut it. I search for a light switch. I finally find on. My hand turns on the light. I look around the room. Troy must be obsessed with baseball. . . I thought to myself. This room is full of baseball stuff. He has signed baseballs by the Pirates, he has baseball cards of famous baseball players, and at least more than ten bats. He also has over twenty trophies. All of them are first place.

I hear the door open. I turn around to see Troy.

"You're obsessed with baseball. You must be really good if you have all first place trophies," I say. He must be really good.

"Yeah I know I'm obsessed with baseball. In my hometown our baseball team was really good." he replies.

I see sadness in his eyes. I bet he misses his friends and his team. I do something I never thought I would do. I go up to him and hug him.

What are you doing? This is not what you do!  I don't listen to my mind. You have to take risk. He hugs me back.

"We should go eat," he said.

I nod. We walk downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey dad. We are reading to go," he said.

"Okay. Go into the car. I'll be right out."

We go out to the truck. I hide my face, so that my family doesn't see me. We wait for Troy's dad to come out. When he does, he jumps into the car and drives into town. He drops us off at the pizza place.

"Text me when you guys are ready to come back home," his dad explained.

"Will do," Troy replied.

We walk into the pizza place. The name of the place is Bob's Pizza Palace.

"Table for two," he said.

I laugh quietly to myself. He sounded so cheesy saying that.

"Right this way," The waiter said.

He brought us to a booth and gave us our menus.

"Minnie will be your waitress," He said.

We both nod. A couple minutes later, Minnie comes. She is pretty tall. She has blonde hair and grey eyes. She is really pretty.

"Hey. I'm Minnie and I'll be severing you guys tonight. What would you guys like to drink?" she asked.

"I'll have pop," Troy said.

"I'll have water," I said.

Minnie nods. She brought out our drinks in less than a minute. She's good. We ordered a medium pizza with just cheese. The pizza takes about twenty minutes to make. Minnie comes out with it. She hands Troy something and gives him a small smile.

"What did Minnie give you?" I asked.

"Well she gave me her number," he said shyly.

A pain of jealousy hit my heart. He probably will like her instead of you. . .

"Do you like her?" I blurt out. I shouldn't have asked that.

"No. I like someone else," he replies.

I knew he liked someone. . . She probably is really pretty. . . Sadness overflows my mind.

We eat in silence. Once we finish, Troy pays. I try to tell him that I can pay but he didn't listen.

Troy texts his dad. His dad came in ten minutes. We went into the back seats. Once we got to Troy's house, we went to his room.

"Are you okay? You barely talked tonight," he asked.

"I'm fine. Thank you for the dinner," I say. I give him a fake smile to make him believe it.

"You're welcome," he hugs me.

"Have a good night," he explained.

"You too," I reply.

He stops me before I could go out of the window. We look into each-others eyes. He leans in a little. He's going to kiss you. . . He looks away and pulls back. A pain of sadness comes again.

I leave in silence.

Was he going to kiss me. . . No why would he kiss you. . .