Chapter 30: Teach Me How to Dance

I rush out of the shower and put on sweat pants and a t shirt. I put my damp hair into a messy bun.

I rush down the stairs but being careful enough not to fall down the stairs.

I manage to get down the stairs. I rush into the living room and see nothing. I run into the kitchen and see pots and pans all over the floor. I see my mom with her hands to her face.

"Mom?" I ask quietly.

She takes her hands away from her face. Her mascara is all over her cheeks. She must have been crying.

"What's wrong?" I say as I walk over to her.

We both sit on the island.

"I'm just thinking of your father and Bea," She explained.

"Oh," Is all I could say.

"I'm just so shocked that your father did drugs. I don't know what Bea's problem was. How could anyone hate you?" She said.

I stare at her. She hated me before.

"Anyway, we are going shopping tomorrow. We will get you a hair cut. I already called the hair place. We will go to Verizon and get you a new phone. Also new wardrobe. Do you want Troy to tag along?" She asked.

"I guess. You don't have to do this mom," I say.

"I do honey. Also we need to get you new shoes. I need to write this down," She's talking to herself now.

She gets up and looks for a piece of paper. I decide not to fight because I'm not going to win.

My mom finally find a note pad and a pen. She writes down the stuff.

"You should go get some sleep. We have a big day tomorrow!" My mom said.

She comes over and kisses me on the cheek. I walk back upstairs into my room. I open my drapes and see Troy on his computer.

I knock on his window. He looks up from his computer. He opens his window and crawls through mine.

"What do you want for Christmas?" He asked as he rubbed his neck.

"Nothing. I already have what I need," I say.

Truth is, I never got a Christmas present before. I used to ask but each year it was the same. I stopped asking for things.

"I need to get you something," He said.

I walk over to him and hug him.

"You've given me enough," I say to him.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"I'm not telling you anything until you tell me what you want," He says and crosses his arms like a little child.

"Fine. I want a necklace," I say.

"Okay. I want nothing," Troy said.

I look at him.

"Tell me what you want," I whine.

"Okay, okay. I want a new winter coat," He replied.

"Okay," I say.

"Can you teach me how to dance?" I say out of the blue.

"Sure. Let me go get my phone," He quickly goes back into his room and comes back into mine.

He puts on some music that I don't recognize.

"Okay. To start off, you put your arms around my neck and I put my hands on your waist." He explained.

I put my arms around his neck and he puts his hands on my waist.

"Now just follow my moves," He says.

"Put your feet onto mine," He said.

I put my feet onto his. This is really weird but if it'll make me a better dancer, I'll do anything.

I don't really know why I want to learn how to dance. I guess for the future.

Troy starts to move slowly. My grip on Troy's neck gets tighter. I'm afraid of falling off of his feet.

We dance around my room.

"Are you ready to try with my steps?" He asked.

I nod. The song is on replay. We dance around my room looking into each others eyes.

We dance for over an hour. By the time we stop, we crash onto the bed. My feet are burning. I look at Troy and smile. He smiles back.

"My feet hurt," I say.

"Mine too," Troy replies.

"We should get some sleep," He said.

"Can you stay with me?" I ask.

"Yes," He says.

I turn off the light and curl up next to Troy.

"Good night Troy," I say quietly.

"Good night Carolina," Troy replies.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→

I hear mumbling. I shift my body closer to Troy. The mumbling won't stop.

I slowly open my eyes and see Troy. He has a confused expression on his face.

"Good morning beautiful," He whispered.

"Good morning handsome," I reply.

"Do you hear the mumbling?" He asked me.

"Yes," I reply.

Troy slowly gets up. I do the same.

Jordan and my mom are giggling at us. My cheeks start to heat up.

"Good morning you two," Jordan says with a smile.

"You two are so adorable!" My mom gushed.

"Thanks?" I say questionably.

"Are you ready for the big day?" My mom asked.

"I guess," I reply.

"Troy, would you like to come shopping with us?" My mom asked.

"Sure," He replies.

My mom and Jordan walk out of the door.

"That was awkward," I say.

"I know," He replied.

"You know you don't have to go shopping with me," I say.

"I know. I think it'll be fun," He said.

"I'll be back right back. I have to get a shower," He explained.

"Okay," I reply.

He goes out my room.

This is going to be exciting.

Authors comments.

Thank you everyone for reading and please tell your friends! Thank you and happy reading!