Chapter 29: PG

My mom goes to the door. She opens it and invites the person in. I hear them mumbling quietly to each other.

You is she even talking to? My mom walks in with the guest. It's Jordan.

She runs to me and gives me a hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay! I was so worried! Troy refused to leave the hospital until you woke it up," She explained.

As she hugs me, I look over to Troy and give him a look for did you really stay?

He returns my look with a nod.

"You never needed to worry. I would end up being okay. I'm still a little tired. The doctor said for me to take it easy," I reply.

She releases me.

"Would you like to stay for dinner, Jordan?" My mom asked.

"I would love too! Has Troy talked to you about you and Carolina coming to our house for Christmas?" She asked as she sat down beside Troy.

"He has. If you wouldn't mind us coming that would be great," My mom said.

"Of course we don't mind! Carolina has had such an affect on Troy. He was so negative about moving but once he met you, Carolina, he was happy," Jordan said.

"Same with Troy. She was depressed and nothing was going right. When she met Troy, I saw her smile. He also helped me realize how I needed to do something about her father and her sister," She said.

Troy holds my hand. I'm so thankful for him.

"Let me go get the rest of the dinner," My mom said.

"Troy. I have to talk to you about something later," His mom said to him.

He nods. I wonder what they'll talk about. I don't ask because I don't want to intrude.

My mom brings out chicken with vegetables.

She could easily be a professional cook and a waitress. She carries out four large plates with ease.

My mom puts food in front of all of us.

"Thank you so much, Ellen," Jordan says with a smile.

I realized that this is only the second time eating at the table and its with Troy and Jordan.

"Thank you God for this great meal. Amen," My mom says.

We dig into our chicken and side salad.

"Mrs. Evergreen you need to become a professional cook. You are amazing!" Troy says.

"Thank you Troy! Please call me Ellen," My mom says.

"Troy I thought you said I was amazing at cooking!" Jordan says playfully.

"Well Ellen is better," He mumbled.

"What did you say?" His mom asked with a evil smile.

"Nothing!" Troy said with his hands in surrender.

We all laugh at his innocence. After dinner we decide to watch a movie.

We put in Divergent. Troy and I already watched it so we try to keep to ourselves and not spoil it for our moms.

"Four is so hot!" My mom and Jordan gushed.

I have to agree with them. Troy and I laugh at them.

They both look at us and start to blush.

"Oh it's not like you don't think he's hot!" Jordan said to me.

"Fine! He is so hot!" I screech.

Troy just looks at me. His face is priceless.

"I thought I was hot!" He said as he pouted.

I kiss his pouty lips.

"No PDA!" Our moms yell.

We break from the kiss. My face starts to get red.

"We are going upstairs," I say.

"Okay. Make sure you two keep it PG," My mom says.

My face starts to get really red.

"No promises!" Troy says.

I slap his arm.

"We will," I say embarrassed.

My mom and Jordan high five each other.

I run upstairs with Troy behind me.

"That was so embarrassing!" I say as I crash my face into my pillow.

I feel the bed sink. Troy sits on the bed.

"Your mom was only kidding," He said with a chuckle.

I nod.

"I wonder what's going to happen to Bea," I bring up.

"I have no clue. She was horrible to you. I hope they send her away so you'll never have to see her again. Same with your dad," He spats out.

"I know. I don't even miss them," I say.

I just had a thought.

"I can move into Bea's room!" I say.

"But you won't see me," His eyes fill with sadness.

"What if they just extend my room," I suggest.

"Let's go ask," He said.

We walk back downstairs. My mom is still watching the movie with Jordan.

"Hey mom? Could we maybe extend my room? Like add more space?" I ask.

She takes her eyes off of the screen.

"Sure honey. We need to do a ton of stuff. We need to make your room bigger, get you a hair cut, a new phone, and some new clothes. Maybe we can start to do this tomorrow?" She said.

"That's fine. All of that stuff is so expensive! I can't let you pay for all of that!" I say.

"Honey. I've never got you anything. I have to make it up to you. I'm buying you the stuff if you like it or not!" My mom said.

"Thank you, mom," I reply.

"Anytime," She says and returns her focus onto the screen.

We go back up stairs, but this time we go into Bea's room. We go onto her bed and turn on the flat screen tv. We lay beside each other. I lay my head onto his chest.

We put on The Middle. It is the funniest show ever. We laugh at the littlest things.

I never have been in Bea's room and have a happy moment. Troy makes the best out of anything.

"Troy," I say.

"Yes?" He replies.

"I just wanted to say thank you for staying with me in the hospital. That means a lot," I say to him.

"You're welcome. I couldn't stand leaving you without anyone. I mean your mom was there, but I didn't trust you with her alone," He confesses.

"I love you," I say.

"I love you too," He replies.

"Troy! Time to go home even though you two will see each other from your windows! You better be keeping it PG up there!" Troy's mom screams.

"I'll see in a little," He says as he pecks my cheek.

I nod.

"I'm going to take a shower," I say.

"Okay," He says and walks out of the door.

I walk into the bathroom and I get into the shower. As I'm in the shower, I hear a big bang.