Chapter 5: Mahogany

"What is going on here?" Troy's mother said.

I look at Troy to see if he was going to say something. Luckily his mouth was already opened.

"Well you see mom, we were going to make cookies and cake and it kind of got out of hand. . ." Troy trailed off at the last part.

Troy's mom sighs.  She pinches the bridge of her noise.

"Alright. You kids just clean up this place before I come down to make dinner. I have to some work on my computer," She says. She walks up the stairs and disappears. Troy looks at me and gives me a smirk.

"Okay time to clean up. Just so you know I won," he says.

I laugh at his confidence.

"Wow you're really confident to say that you won, but in the real world, I won," I say proudly.

He mumbles something that I couldn't hear.

"Where's the mop?" I asked. Flour and sugar is everywhere.

He points to the closet in the hallway. He starts to wipe the counter where there the broken egg shells and cake batter is.

I go to the closet where he said the mop would be. I grab the mop and I got a bucket of water. I start to mop the floor. I see that Troy got his iPhone 6 out of his pocket and started to play music. He starts to play Centuries by Fall out Boy. I love this song. 

I hear my sister plays it in her room.  I start to sing along to it. Next thing you know, Troy and I are belting out the lyrics. By the end of the song we are laughing our heads off.  We both are horrible at singing.

"We are both horrible singers," Troy screams over the music.

"I agree," I shout back.

We finish cleaning in about twenty minutes.  We put everything away.

"Do you want to come to the movies with me next Friday?" He asked.

Is he asking me on a date. He is probably going to ask you about Bea the whole time. That's his plan. Don't fall for it. . . Oh no the voice is back.

"Sure," I say with a smile.

Why did you say that. . . You're going to be more broken than you already are. . . I fight to not say no.

"Well I better get going," I say.  I couldn't be here right now with that voice in my head.  I could end up saying something I would regret.

"Okay. I had a lot of fun. We need to do with again," he said.

"Of course," I say.

I walk out of the mahogany front door.

"That is mahogany!" I say in my best Effie impression.

I turn around to see Troy laughing.

"That was pretty good!" he said.

"Thank you."  I say.

He's the one....

No he can't be.  He's just a freind who will end up going to Bea.