Chapter 15

Next day:

LUKE'S POV:

I couldn't get to sleep at all last night. I was thinking about Paisley and more specifically Ava. It wasn't fair to either of them that she remained a secret. I wasn't ashamed of my daughter and I wanted to celebrate her existence with everyone else. It wasn't right, I decided straight away, to tell our fans through an informal tweet or keek. I wanted this to be done properly.

This thought was still in my mind as I was dragged out of bed by Beau at around eight the following morning. Apparently he didn't care about my obvious lack of energy as he practically pushed me downstairs and into his car. We weren't due to go round to James', where we had decided to film, until ten but Beau had forced me into accompanying him to the shops.

At the supermarket, I was still yawning, and not speaking as Beau loaded the basket with cartons of milk and cans of red bull . My mind was in overdrive with my current predicament. My brother had been trying to make conversation but I wasn't particularly interested in anything he had to say. Eventually, when we were sitting back in his car in the supermarket car park, he sighed in frustration and turned to me.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong then?" he asked.

"Nothing," I shrugged.

"For fuck's sake Luke, I'm not an idiot," he said. "Clearly somethings up. Is it Paisley? You seemed to be getting on all right last night."

"We were," I nodded. "It's not Paisley, it's Ava."

"Ava?" Beau repeated."What's she done?"

He laughed at his own bad joke. I chose to ignore him.

"I just don't feel right keeping her a secret," I admitted. "I want everyone to know."

"Can you imagine the hate you'd get?" Beau frowned. "It's not going to go down well."

"I don't care," I said truthfully. "It's not fair to Paisley and Ava. And, I'm sorry Beau, but they're just far more important to me."

Beau nodded slowly. I could nearly see his brain working it out.

"I suppose," he said hesitantly. "You could tell them today of course."

"How?" I asked. "I don't want to do it over twitter or something. They deserve better than that."

"In the video," Beau explained. "You could tell them in the outro. We'll all be there. We'll support you."

I immediately shook my head.

"I don't want the others to know what I'm doing," I said quickly. "It's too awkward."

"I won't tell them," Beau said. "We'll let them think we're finished and then you can launch straight into it."

"It could work," I agreed hesitantly. "As long as you swear not to tell anyone."

"I promise," Beau said sincerely.

I felt a lot happier on the drive back. I was relieved, and glad that I was finally going to sort this problem out. It didn't even faze me when Jai informed us that he wouldn't be taking part in the challenge. Beau was pissed off but honestly, I couldn't care less.

Beau drove us round to James' with four cartons of milk and eight cans of Red Bull sitting on his back seat.

I helped him carry them round the back into James' garden. We had been here so often, we were completely comfortable walking around wherever we liked. I wasn't sure James' mum liked it but she had never said anything.