Chapter 40

ROSIE'S POV:

Sean had given me one more chance to get the money Luke 'owed' him and I had failed. That had been the primary reason I had volunteered to go look for Paisley. I told her I was sent up because I didn't want her to think I was up to something. The more I talked to her, the more I realised that she is actually a genuinely nice person. Even though I was a bitch to her and she thought I fancied her boyfriend, she was still lovely to me. It made me feel even worse because I knew I had to get the money from them somehow. Now though, that lay in Sean's hands. I hope he goes easy on them.

He came in about half an hour after I got home from the Brooks' house. Of course, I hadn't been alone in that time; my brother always had someone in the house in case a call came through. Dave was on duty today. Dave was the typical chav: trackies, hoody and skinny face. He was over thirty and always leered at me. He had whispered things in my ear but had never touched me. Sean was adamant that I should not get mistreated by his boys. Instead, he was the one who hit me or beat me.

The first thing Sean did was close the curtains. That was always a bad sign. He didn't want any passer-by's looking in and possibly calling the police. He told Dave to leave and closed the door firmly behind him. The click of the lock seemed to settle my fate.

"Should I even bother asking if you got it?" He said sarcastically.

I wasn't sure if the question was rhetorical or not so I just stayed silent.

"You didn't did you?" Sean bellowed, coming right up to my face.

I shook my head and backed away quickly, trying to avoid him and his clenched fists. He had a menacing glint in his eye and I knew he was going to hurt me.

"You worthless traitorous slut!" Sean shouted, striking me round the head with his hand.

The blow made my head spin and it felt like the world was tipping.

"Thought we'd go behind my back did we?"

Another slap. Harder this time.

"Made friends with the buyers?"

A kick in the stomach making me double over in agony.

"Get up!" he yelled, spit flying in my face. I struggled to my feet only to be kicked again.

"Too slow!" Sean hissed. "No wonder the cops are on to us! You're too soft Rosie, a fanny. You've nearly ruined it for me. Luckily for you, I know just how to treat little bitches like you."

"Please Sean," I whispered.

Sean shook his head and clenched his fists again.

"Just be glad I'm not calling anyone else in to help," he said spitefully. "Some of my boys could put you in an early grave."

I opened my mouth to try and plead with him again and he swung his fist round and caught me in the jaw. It was unexpected and made me yelp out in pain.

"Shut up and deal with it you whiny bitch!" Sean shouted, hitting me again.

Soon I was on the floor, punches and kicks raining on me from above. I had one prominent thought in my mind before I blacked out:

I think I'm going to die.