Final Goodbye (Part 1)

Emily's POV- Throughout the ceremony, Hayes held on to my hand the whole time. Cameron sat next to me, hand on my knee, Nash on the other side of Hayes, Taylor next to Cameron. "Now, a few words from Justin's sister, Emily." The preacher from our church said. Walking up, I grab the microphone. "Actually, it's a song ha, in memory of my brother, here's a song I wrote called 'Something in the water'" (all creds to Carrie Underwood) A man walked across the room, placed a stool on the ground and handed me my guitar. Taking a deep breath, I start strumming.
" he said I've been where you've been before
Down every hallway
Slamming door
No way out, no one to come
And save me
Wasting the life the good lord gave me
Then somebody said
What I'm saying to you
Opened my eyes
And told me the truth
He said just a little faith
It will all get better
So I followed that preacher man
Down to the river
And now I'm changed..."
As I held the note, I looked around the room, my eyes landing on Hayes. He was staring at me, but then he looked over at Nash. They shared a look and continued listening. Oh no.

Hayes's POV- As Emily began to sing, her angelic voice filled the room. Wait. I've heard that voice before.. Oh my god. She can't be.. Listening closer, I put the two voices together in my head.
I looked over at Nash, eyebrows raised. He mouthed, "it's her." I nodded and continued listening. Looking over at Emily, I see her already staring at me. Her eyes narrowed slightly, she knows we know. I'm just gonna keep quiet, it's her brother's funeral. Then a part in her song came along that really spoke to me.
"Then it hit me like lightning
Late one night
I was all out of hope
All out of fight
Couldn't fight back the tears
So I fell my knees
Saying god if you're there
Come and rescue me"
I don't know why, but I feel like that line was for her. Her personally. I could feel and hear the pain in her voice. Towards the end, a tear slipped down her cheek, I wanted to so bad go up there and hold her.. But I can't.
Once Em finished, she sat back down next to me. Her mom got up, thanked Emily and told us that the burial will be tomorrow. Then everybody got up and said their sorrys and prayers to Emily. When nobody was around her, I grabbed her hand and took her outside. "What was that for?" She asked, the rain running down her face. "I could tell you needed space but I wasn't gonna leave you by yourself." I tell her. She smiles slightly and leans against the wall. "I just can't believe he's gone.." Em whispers. "I know babe but it's reality. I promise you, everything will be okay. He's in a better place." I mumble, grabbing her hand, rubbing it with my thumb. I could feel her shaking, Emily slides down the wall, head in her hands. My heart broke second by second. I crouched down in front of her, lifting her chin with my finger. "Emily look at me." I whisper. She looks up, tears in her eyes. Leaning in close, I mumble, "Please smile for me. I know it's hard, but I hate seeing you upset." She nods hesitantly.

Emily's POV- I could practically feel Hayes's breaths. He was so close.. Our eyes connected and we just stared at each other which felt like forever. But I don't mind, his eyes are a beautiful shade of blue that I would love to get lost in. Slowly, he started leaning in. He's going to kiss me. I start tensing up. Right when he's just a few centimeters away, he whispered, "kiss me." Filling the space between us, I connect my lips to his. Fireworks go off. Our lips moving in perfect sync. We break apart moments later, Hayes helps me up and grabs hold of my hand. Then the funeral doors burst open and there comes out Cam. "Emily!" He breathes. Cam walks over to me and hugs me tight. "How are you beautiful?" He whispered in my ear. I started crying instantly. "I miss him so much." I cried, into his shirt. "I know baby girl. Nash and Tay will be here in a minute, they are getting the car, let's go to our apartment. Okay?" I nod and continue to hug him. The car pulls up and Hayes, Cameron, and I get in the backseat. I lean my head on Cam's shoulder, and grab hold of Hayes's hand. "Go to sleep babe." Cameron whispers. Again, I nod and close my eyes, letting the darkness take over.