CHAPTER 20: I LOVE YOU MASTER, NO MATTER WHAT

~~~Steve's P.o.V.~~~

I looked at Herobrine. He was wearing like a shocked or worried face.

"MASTEEER!!! NOOOOO!!!!", he shouted, as he disappeared in a puff of purple particles.

I looked madly around. I spotted Devilbrine behind me. He was ready to stab me. I gasped in shock prepared for death.

I felt time slow down, as someone teleported in front of me.

A man, wearing a purple maidservant's dress, in a protective stance. I felt my eyes widen, as the deadly sword dug deep to his chest, the blade slicing through his body, exiting through his fragile back. He arched his back, as the Demon twisted the sword inside his body, ripping his insides even more. Blood trickled down his back, the sword covered in the red liquid. The sword's tip dripped with blood, indicating the severe blood loss. The enemy pulled the sword off his little body, making his victim stagger a bit. I saw the smirk in the Demon's lips, his short, sharp fangs showing up, his blood red eyes glinting happily and satisfactorily. He raised his sword once more, and slashed the dressed victim across his chest, blood spurting out visibly to different directions, the latter spinning around to face me. The slash on his chest started to bleed profusely, and dripped to the grass. I looked at his glowing, white eyes, tears falling down to his cheeks, a smile hiding behind his thin, dark brown beard, as he fell to the ground.

I crawled up to him, tears pricking my eyes. I held his weak, and agonizing body in my arms, sobbing uncontrollably. He groaned in pain as I did. I caressed his cheek, wet with tears and blood. He looked intently at me, his white eyes' glow slowly fainting.

"He-Herobrine...", I sobbed, stuttering, as tears started to fall down to his dress. He caressed my cheeks.
"Ma-Master...", he painfully stuttered, his breathing shallow and irregular, wheezing in between breaths.
"Why did you do that?", I cried.
"I-I d-don't... Want you t-t-to... B-be... Hu-hurt...", he stuttered, groaning at the last word. He arched his back in pain.
"Herobrine... N-no...", I sobbed, as the glow of his eyes started to blink, from glowing white, to dark gray. I shook my head in grief. He smiled faintly at me.
"I-I... L-lo-love y-you... Ma-Master... N-no... No ma-matter... Wh-wh-... What...", he whispered, pain obvious in his voice. He gasped for breath, blood starting to flow from his mouth, covering the dried one. I whimpered, shaking him slightly, as his eyes' glow blinked again, his eyelids threatening to close.
"No Herobrine... Don't leave me!!!", I cried. He smiled, his hand not yet removed from my cheek. Then, with the energy left with him, he pulled my collar, and kissed me passionately.

I was shocked at first, but then, it became addictive. I closed my eyes, and kissed back, tasting his blood, and feeling his massaging, short, sharp beard, and relaxing fangs. I enjoyed the kiss to what it seemed like forever. He moaned seductively as I kissed back, making me kiss him more, as tears dripped to my cheeks, feeling his warm, unstable breath.

Then, I felt his grip to my collar loosen, as it slid down, limp. I opened my eyes as I felt his kiss slowly stop, his head falling limp, slowly pulling away from my lips. I heared him gasp, then, exhaled his last, the agonizing blinking of his pure white eyes completely stopping, his half-open, once arctic white eyes, becoming dull, dark gray. Blood started to spurt out from his mouth, as he stopped breathing.

Millions of thoughts and emotions swirled inside my brain, creating a great typhoon of confusing thoughts. Until it calmed down, and became one.

Herobrine was dead. He's gone. Your Little Demon was gone.

I screamed in grief, anger, and regret. I thought that I will never regret this... But no... I was wrong. And now, here I am, grieving for the death of the Little Demon, whom I hurt so much.

I looked up in the skies, and cried.

"Forgive me, Little Demon! Forgive me, for I am so fucking selfish!!!", I wailed, as I dug myself to my lover's lifeless and cold chest, his blood smothering all over my face, as I sobbed.

Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I spun around to look behind me.

It was Notch.

He gave me a sad look, as he knelt down beside me.

"Now Steve... Are you happy that the Demon that you always hated, the Demon who loved you the most, was dead?", he sobbed as he looked at his dead brother. I shook my head in answer.
"You should. You wanted revenge, didn't you? You want him dead, don't you?", he asked me.
"No... I... I didn't want him... Dead... I-I regret it... I regret it...", I sobbed, looking at the ground. He tapped my shoulder.

"I am sure, Herobrine will forgive you... He always does.", Notch assured me. I hugged him, as I sobbed. He hugged me back.

========

I sobbed uncontrollably, as Notch buried my Little Demon's body at the backyard of their house. I put flowers on his tombstone, along with his picture.

======

"Shh... Steve, I know it was hard... But don't drown yourself in sadness... He would be very unhappy if he sees you like that...", he cooed, hugging me.
"I am a terrible person... I hurt the one who truly loved me. It's as if... I just used him... I am up to no good.", I sobbed, huddling to Notch's chest.

Then, I went home.

========

As I sat down to my bed, bitterness and self-disgust swept over me, once I remembered the times that Herobrine sacrificed himself for me several times.

I lay down to my bed. I tried sleeping.

"I-I... L-lo-love y-you... Ma-Master... N-no... No ma-matter... Wh-wh-... What..."

Herobrine's last words kept on haunting me.

The sight of his agonizing, fading glow of his soulless, white eyes... His magnificent, violet maidservant's dress soaked with his own blood... His lips, covered in blood, still smiling at his last moment... His last kiss, a kiss so wonderful and gentle...

His undying love for me... His persistence... His faithfuless... His gentle, loving care...

Everything.

I missed him very much.

Tears started to fall to my cheeks as I remembered his last moment.

His great sacrifice. For me.

I grabbed my pillow, and laid on my left side, planting my face against the pillow, and cried until I fell asleep.