Sagittarius: Chapter 27

First of all, thank you all for your input on All For One's fate (haha) that leads up to this chapter. I did think about what to do about him for a while and ended up deciding on this outcome. The main reason I chose death over imprisonment was that it just... didn't sit right with me. Chiron is a teacher first, a hero second, but that means that he'd lay down his life for his own students. Not to mention, his entire reasoning for being in Japan was to find and put down the "Greater Evil" of that time— it was up to him how he did it. All for One evaded death more than once via his Quirk. And there's always the possibility of a breakout. Chiron would rather be safe than sorry. Also, All for One just kidnapped two of his students, injured another, and has been messing with the wrong Horseman for too long. Its time to die.

————————

Enji Todoroki wasn't one to like being ordered around. He liked to be the boss of his own self, thank you very much, but he wasn't stupid either.

He knew that the black-clad villain before them all was not someone to be taken lightly. That was further drilled into his head as he gazed at All Might's weakened form, still fighting and giving his all in this battle. It was further solidified as the villain dodged Edgeshot and that woman effortlessly, despite their speed.

Enji wasn't stupid. And Chiron had given him an order. He had given him an order, one that he swallowed his pride for and followed, moving to higher ground.

Chiron was smart, he was skilled, and he had ages of experience. Enji wasn't stupid and he knew that in order to win he had to play the part of a rook or knight instead of the king. So he did, canceled the excess flames that covered his body, holding the lance of Karna in his hand as he focused on rerouting the energy normally used for his Quirk into his Magic Circuits.

Edgeshot and Gran Torino had taken off at Chiron's order not too long ago and that left only those in possession of Noble Phantasms in the area.

Chiron had scaled to higher ground as well as the blonde woman took off towards another direction. The girl staid where she was, gripping her scythe.

"All Might!" the Archer yelled and the blonde leaped out of the combat with the Villain. Enji felt his circuits spark before his body moved on its own. He raised the lance above his hand, watching with a strange sense of calm as a circle with an asterisk-like star formed out of flames behind him and a symbol akin to an eye in front of him.

Words bubbled up from his throat that he didn't realize he knew.

"On the battlefield, there is no more weakness," he murmured, "My father. I ask for your forgiveness. For the first and last time."

"Awaken from a golden dream," he heard All Might, despite the man's form being quite far from him. The sword of Siegfried in his hand and raised high.

A column of blue energy exploded from the blade and reached the sky. "Be released from your cradle. The Evil Dragon shall fall and the world will reach its sunset. I bring you down—"

He thrust the lance forwards and a blast of flame that felt hotter than his own exploded from the tip. "End everything, VASAVI SHAKTI!"

"BALMUNG!"

Both flames and blue energy crashed onto All for One as the number one and two heroes poured their reserves into their attacks. Enji felt like his blood was on fire as he lowered his lance and All Might's energy dissipated.

The flames subsided and the Flame hero's eyes widened as he saw the black-clad villain still standing. He was burnt to hell and back and bleeding in certain places, but he was still alive and conscious.