ACT ONE | SCENE THREE

SCENE THREE

(The boy's bathroom, after rehearsal. JEREMY is trying to wash the letters off his backpack when RICH walks in.)

Rich tensed up and Jeremy's eyes widened when they realised what's about to happen.

RICH
I told you not to wash that off.

(JEREMY busies himself with his backpack.)

JEREMY
Where's my homework?

RICH
I'm talking to you, tall-ass!

JEREMY
Why do you call me that? I'm not even that tall!

"Everyone's tall to Rich, he's tiny!" Jake told Jeremy.

"Hey!"

(RICH heads to a urinal.)

RICH
You could be, if you weren't hunched over and scared all the time. Oh the only thing more pathetic is the way that you're sneaking off into a stall to get away from me.

(JEREMY was trying to do just that. He stops, busted.)

Stall's are for girls. Are you a girl Jeremy?

"Is that supposed to be an insult!?" All the girls and Michael shout.

Rich defends himself, "No! Girlth are awethome! My thquip ith to blame for me uthing it ath an inthult."

JEREMY
Ugh, geez! How can you talk to people while you're... Y'know.

RICH
Confidence.

"Or lack of thelf-conthciouthneth..." Rich mumbles with a hurt look in his eyes. Jake hears him and pulls the small boy closer.

JEREMY
You might wanna watch the floor man, you're getting-

(Because suddenly, Rich is twitching. As if he's receiving a message from beyond. He begins muttering to himself under his breath. It's creepy.)

Rich groans, "God, I looked so fucking weird."

JEREMY
Okay... I just remembered I don't have to pee after all—

RICH
Don't move.

(JEREMY freezes. Slowly, RICH zips up. Then turns to face JEREMY. Menacing.)

You don't remember me freshman year, do you?

JEREMY
You didn't go here freshman year—

"But I did..." Rich says quietly.

(RICH pounds the wall. Scary.) (pfft. 'scary')

RICH
YES I DID!

"You did?" Jake asked. Rich sighed and looked down. Of course Jake didn't even notice him freshmen year. He eventually nodded.

You just didn't notice. Nobody did!

"Is that a lisp I hear?" Jake whispered in Rich's ear, making him blush. (Anyone hate the fact he slaps himself afterwards? 😔)

"The Squip Song"

"W-Why did you slap yourself, by the way?" Jeremy asks.

"Oh, that'th what my thquip had me do every time I thpoke with a lithp." He sighs, "If I didn't do it mythelf, it would thhock me..." Rich trails off. His eyes began to burn from the tears pressuring to escape.