ACT ONE | SCENE NINE

the google doc that i was using for the script has been deleted but thankfully i took pictures of it, so, sorry if it takes me even longer to get chapters out as i have to now write it out instead of copying and pasting 🤧
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCENE NINE

( ...and finally deposits him outside the school.)

JEREMY
What was that about?

THE SQUIP
I'm sorry, but that girl does not see you as relationship material.

"Clearly! Why else would I have said Jake and not you?" Christine asks, looking at Jeremy with a look that told him they were serious.

"It's not my fault!" Jeremy retorts. "The squip said that you liked me!"

"Yeah, and you were stupid enough to believe him."

Michael interjects, "Ladies, ladies, you need to calm down. Christine, Jeremy can be stupid sometimes, but you're interrupting the musical." Jeremy looks at him with a face of shock, while Christine chuckles slightly. Michael sticks his tongue out at his boyfriend in response.

JEREMY
I know! That's why I got you!

THE SQUIP
And you're sure you want her? There are many females at this school. I'm accessing footage from the girls volleyball practice. It's very impressive.

"Perv!" Came a shout from where the hosts where sat.

JEREMY
I want Christine.

"Oh! Okay..." Christine awkwardly chuckles.

"Yeah, not anymore..." Jeremy trails off, looking at the boy to his left.

THE SQUIP
You're sure about that. (JEREMY holds firm.) Very well.

JEREMY
So how can I get her?

THE SQUIP
You can't.

"Oof, brutal." Rich says, getting a chuckle from the group. Rich and Jake have gotten even more cuddly. Christine slyly pulls out their phone and snaps a picture to put in their ArsonBros shrine/album. (me too christine.)

JEREMY
What?

THE SQUIP
...Yet. Becoming the kind of man that can impress Christine requires more than working out a few bugs.

Christine rolls their eyes.

You're going to need to reboot your reputation. Supercharge your social standing. You need to upgrade.

Jeremy goes wide eyed, instantly knowing what's about to happen. Optic Nerve Blocking... He turns to the hosts, "Can we skip this part?" He awkwardly chuckles.

Jade pulls a sympathetic face, "No, sorry Jeremy..." He just nods and turns back around. Jade looks at their best friend, who gives them a worried look.

JEREMY
Huh?

THE SQUIP
You need to get popular. Tear ducts activate.

"That is not how you get popular!" Chloe says. Brooke, Jake, and Rich nod in agreement.

(Suddenly JEREMY starts sobbing uncontrollably. BROOKE enters.)