ACT TWO | SCENE TWO

SCENE TWO

(JEREMY follows CHLOE into an upstairs bedroom.)

CHLOE
Jake's parents' room. Don't worry. They're not using it.

Chloe frowns and says, "I'm sorry! I was drunk, I wasn't trying to be insensitive!"

JEREMY
You really know your way around.

CHLOE
Yeah, I've had sex in pretty much every room in this house. (off JEREMY's shock) Because I dated Jake! God, what kind of slut do you think I am?

(CHLOE raises her baby bottle. And chugs from it.)

JEREMY
Where's Brooke?

CHLOE
Oh my god you are too freaking adorable. (drunk whisper) Brooke's not coming.

Chloe remembers what happens and sits silently, hanging her head in shame. "Oh, so they are showing it..." The girl in her arms whispers.

JEREMY
She's not? Then why...

Jade takes a breath, preparing themself. They really don't like this song.

CHLOE
DO YOU WANNA HANG?
DO YOU WANNA HANG?
DO YOU WANNA HANG FOR A BIT?
JUST YOU AND ME

Michael cringes as he watches Chloe invade Jeremy's personal space and make him feel uncomfortable. He unknowingly lets out a low growl that only Jeremy hears. The lanky boy wraps his arm around the protective boy's shoulder, pulling him close, and rubbing his hand up and down Michael's arms, burying his face into said boy's hair.

INTIMATELY
TALKING ABOUT ALL OF OUR
FEELINGS AND SHIT
DO YOU WANNA GET
DO YOU WANNA GET
DO YOU WANNA GET REALLY DEEP?
WE COULD CONNECT
IF I GET WRECKED
YOU COULD ROCK THIS BABY FAST ASLEEP

JEREMY
I have to go. (Beat.) I can't stand up.

THE SQUIP
You're welcome.

Michael is now fuming with anger. The squip was the reason his boyfriend was nearly raped. He cuddles closer to Jeremy.

CHLOE
I don't know why she's so crazy about you. You're not that cute. No offense.

Michael scoffs. Why would Chloe do this if she didn't even think Jeremy was cute?

JEREMY
None taken. I should get back

CHLOE
You know she's not that innocent. That wounded puppy routine? It's how she gets all the guys. Acts all helpless so they want to protect her. Not that I care.

Brooke frowns. Is that really what Chloe thought of her?

(Beat. It dawns on JEREMY..)

JEREMY
You're jealous of Brooke!

CHLOE
Um. Obviously I'm not.

"Or maybe, you were jealous of Jeremy because he was with Brooke." Jade pipes up.

JEREMY
That's insane! Why would you be jealous of anyone? You're the hottest girl in school!

"I'm sorry Brooke! I know I was with you when I said tha-"

Brooke cuts the rambling boy off, "Jeremy, we've all been over this, it's okay."

(Beat.) Did I just say that out