ACT ONE | SCENE SEVEN

This chapter has slight mentions of abuse,, I have put asterisks where it starts and ends (it's only short) so you can skip over it if you would like!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCENE SEVEN

(Suddenly, it's morning. JEREMY bolts up in bed. Looks around. Did that really just happen? A beat.)

JEREMY
Hello? (he taps his head) Are you on? Hellooo???

"That's weird..." Jenna remarks. Jeremy just rolls his eyes.

JEREMY'S DAD
(off-stage) Jeremy? Are you talking to yourself?

"What? Is that a normal thing for you?" Chloe laughs.

JEREMY
I... Guess I am. Huh. (He shrugs...)
(And reaches for his computer.)
C-C-C-C'MON, C-C-C-C'MON, GO-

(He reaches for his computer... and gets a shock.)

JEREMY
Ow!

THE SQUIP
What did we say about masturbation?

"Oof! Busted!" Jake laughs.

JEREMY
I was just going to...check my email.

"Sure jan." Jade says, making Issie snort.

"Smooth, lying to the computer that's inside your brain." Michael chuckles, trying to distract himself from the actions of Jeremy on screen. He didn't really want to think about Jeremy masturbating. Especially when he's in said boy's lap.

THE SQUIP
You can't lie to me, Jeremy. I'm inside your brain. We're going to devise a system. I tally every time you think about sex, and that's how many push-ups you do. If this morning is an indicative sample, you'll have pecs in no time.

"Wait..." Chloe says. "Is that why you'd do random push ups Rich?" He doesn't answer, making her pull a disgusted face.

(JEREMY'S DAD enters.)

JEREMY'S DAD
Coming through, private.

THE SQUIP
That's the source of your genetic material?

JEREMY
That's my dad, yeah.

THE SQUIP
We should double those push-ups.

"Oof, burn on your dad." Jake says. Why does everything travel back to squips or that damn fire?, Rich thinks to himself. He nuzzles into Jake's chest more, never wanting to leave the embrace of his tall boyfriend.

(JEREMY heads out of the house. He's wearing his new Eminem T-shirt. As in the opening scene, we see him on the bus.)

"Probably unrelated, but I got rid of that shirt!"

JEREMY
STILL NOT GONNA BE THE COOL GUY
BUT MAYBE NOT SO LEFT OUT

"Wait!" Christine pipes up. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Michael asks, confused.

Christine looks behind them, "Jade, rewind that! It had like Bob Marley music, which must be Michael's theme and then a trumpet interrupts it! A trumpet must be the squip's theme!" Jade picks up the remote and rewinds to the beginning of the verse.