go

The mattress underneath his fairly small body creaks rather noisily as Yoongi tosses and turns, wanting to take a nap; however, his mind won't let him. It stubbornly contemplates a single thought that has bothered him ever since Hoseok mentioned it:

How the fuck do I try harder?

One, two weeks have passed since that day when Yoongi asked his best friend for advice, and 'try harder' was the first thing he'd said. The problem is that he doesn't know how to do that.

Unless... no. He can't. How could he?

His best friend's words ring in his head, but he doesn't want them to. He desperately tries to ward them off with other thoughts, but it keeps coming back, similar to how the ocean's waves keep returning to the shore no matter what.

"Take him to a party and get him drunk, then make him spill all his dark secrets and hope he won't remember what he did in the morning."

Just as Yoongi is concluding that this is fucking ridiculous and he should give it up as a bad job, his phone makes two consecutive pop sounds from his bedside table. Sighing, he reaches for it and glances at the notification.

Two new messages from Hobi 🥺💖

Speak of the devil. He grins a bit and opens his phone to look at the message.

Hobi 🥺💖:
Hyung, there's gonna be a party tonight at my house. 8 p.m. I'll send you the address.
See you there~ And maybe bring your roommate with you ;))

Hobi 🥺💖:
<attached location>

Holy shit. Is this some kind of sick dream?

And maybe bring your roommate with you.

He groans. I'm gonna regret this, he thinks, before getting up and exiting his room and walking out the hall to find Seokjin in the living room, watching television.

"Seokjin-hyung, wanna go to a party tonight?"

Yoongi had heard that people's expectations are occasionally (or, in some cases, always) proven wrong, but it didn't cross his mind that his would be, at least in this situation.

Because Kim Seokjin, as cool, distant, and reserved as he is, just agreed to go to Hoseok's party. He needed to unwind and destress, he said, and that this was the perfect opportunity for that.

Yoongi just stands there for a few moments, mouth hanging open a little in complete disbelief. He sees Seokjin's lips move before he hears his laugh, and he comes back to his senses and shakes his head to clear it.

"Why do you look so surprised, Yoongi-ah? Didn't think I'd go, huh? Well," He stands up and stretches his arm above his head, smirking at Yoongi as he slowly walks towards him, "I'm still a free human being who likes going out sometimes." He reaches the mint-haired boy and pats his shoulder, his smirk turning into a warm, excited smile.

"Now get dressed. We got a party to attend."

וווו×

so this is the last filler before the good shit happens ;))
btw, i'm so sorry for this very short chapter. i promise the next one will be way longer hehe

please vote and comment if you liked it!
thank you for all your support so far!! xoxo