twinkle / finale pt. i

i'm sorry that this took quite a long time. it's been hard for me to write recently for various reasons. nonetheless, i hope you enjoy this chapter (that's almost 4,000 words long) and its continuation that will be posted later on. <333

ווווו×

You'd think that if someone were planning to confess to the person they liked on a particular day, they would've planned everything out. Bought new and high quality clothes. Styled their hair. Worn make-up. Used their best cologne, perfume, deodorant, or whatever. Written a tear-jerking confession speech. Prepared flowers, maybe throw in some chocolate and a teddy bear just for the hell of it. Made sure the weather would be at its best the whole day. Paid for fireworks after sunset (if they could afford it), which is the ideal time to confess. In other words, that someone would make sure everything would go perfectly on that special day when they would finally reveal their true feelings to the one whom they saw as more than just a silly little crush.

And yet, as crazy as it may sound, Kim Seokjin has done almost none of the above.

To put it simply, he isn't that type of person. Why that is the case is a completely different matter.

He'd invited Yoongi and Hoseok a few days ago to accompany him to their university's annual Grand Arts Festival, the most important and anticipated of all their celebrations as it reflected the college's motto and everything it stood and prized itself for.

Naturally, it lives up to its name: grand. In fact, it has been dubbed 'the most outstanding festival to ever be held even amongst those of Seoul's other educational institutions,' and the competition is not to be dismissed so easily.

Yes, to the finest colleges in the bustling city, this is just another contest that they must win. The ultimate question is: Who could throw the greatest festival among them? Oh, how hard the other universities tried to top the legendary Grand Arts Festival that had been given such high praise by everyone who visited it. Year after year after year, their ideas got crazier and more and more desperate until at last, they had to give up or else risk being ridiculed and judged by others for making themselves look like fools. There was just no way they could win over that damned Grand Arts Festival without being laughed at and blowing a big part of their earnings from students' tuition that they undeniably needed. So, with heads hung low in shame, terribly damaged prides and budgets, and absolutely seething tempers, they retreated, and Seoul University of Fine Arts gloatingly took the glittering crown they had all wanted for themselves: the crown of the ultimate king of college festivals.

With this in mind, Seokjin had figured that it would present the most opportune time and place so he could confess his feelings to Yoongi, and with any luck, receive a confesssion back. He prayed to any deity who listened that he wouldn't be rejected, even if he hadn't planned anything fancy for that day. He just wanted to be himself, have fun, let loose with his friends. And when the right moment came, he'd tell him.

After all, about three months had passed since that fateful day when Seokjin realized he had fallen for Yoongi. It was about damn time that he made a move.

Right?

Knock, knock. The younger boy calls from outside the door, "Seokjinnie-hyung? You ready?"

"Uh, almost, just give me five more minutes."

"Alright, I'll be waiting on the couch."

"Okay, Yoongichi."

Seokjin sighs. He isn't ready. He wants to be at and look his utmost best, but something about it feels off. It's not his outfit or his freshly styled blonde hair (he'd changed the color a month ago so he could try something new). He just can't shake the unsettling gut instinct that something's not going to go well today. He sure hopes that that something isn't his confession.