break

SONG RECOMMENDATIONS

Magic Shop - BTS
Hold Me Tight - BTS
Paradise - BTS
Butterfly - BTS

וווו×

When Yoongi enters their apartment that day, which is by far the worst in his life, he goes straight to his room and locks the door. Then he sits on his bed, gets his fluffiest pillow and holds it against his body, and ends up weeping again into it.

No reason to stop sobbing.

What is he keeping track of time for? There's no use. He'll just lie here until he cries himself to sleep, maybe. If he can sleep at all. Sleep. What a hypnotizing idea. But not just sleep. Eternal sleep is more like it.

When is soon? Is it soon when someone knocks on his door? He doesn't know. He doesn't much care.

"Hey, dinner's ready."

Seokjin. His roommate who hates him because of the guy's own mistake. The thought is almost amusing. Almost.

He doesn't respond.

"Yoongi?"

He hears the doorknob rattle but ignores it.

"Open the door, Yoongi."

It's a command. Even so, he doesn't move.

"Yoongi!"

Is that panic he senses in his yell? Whatever. He buries his head further into his pillow.

Keys jangle outside the room. The door swings open. He's tempted to look up, but he doesn't.

Seokjin can't see him like this.

"What's wrong with you? I said dinner's ready."

He fights to keep his voice as steady as possible. "Go away. I'm not hungry."

"Why is your voice hoarse? And I won't go until you tell me what's wrong."

Yoongi scoffs. "Why do you care? You hate me, don't you?" he says coldly.

"I—"

"Save it, Seokjin. Just keep on hating me. It's what you want to do, right?" He sniffles. "Everyone hates me," he whispers hopelessly.

Footsteps echo. The door slams shut again. Yoongi would sigh in relief, but it seems to be something he can't experience anymore. He doesn't bother to lock the door again.

Is it only a minute later when the door opens again? He groans, adding annoyed to the list of the jumbled emotions he's feeling.

"I told you to go away."

"I brought your food."

"I said I'm not hungry."

"Oh, you will be."

He stops arguing. What's the point? Seokjin's right. He listens as a tray is gently settled onto his bedside table.

Before he realizes what's happening, the pillow he's hugging that's now wet with tears is snatched from his hold. Startled, he gasps.

"H-Hey! What are you—"

"I knew it. You're crying."

Yoongi had looked up without meaning to.

"I-I'm not. There's something in my eye—"

"Honestly, what do you take me for? I'm not as stupid as you may think."