pretend

hi hello yoongi's the main hoe again so enjoy 1,799 words of angst because our lil meow meow is sad haha

וווו×

Two days had passed since the unforgettable Friday night of the party, and now it's back to college and homeworks and, unfortunately, Hoseok. But Yoongi's starting to think he'd take that over being completely ignored and pushed away by his roommate.

Seokjin keeps shunning him out of literally everything, no matter how big or small it is. Yoongi asks what's their food for that day. Seokjin tells him to just shut up and wait. Yoongi offers to do the laundry. Seokjin says he can handle it. From the title of the book he's reading, to what's playing on the television, to something as trivial as what time it is, Seokjin tells him nothing at all.

It's funny how quickly a usually bubbly person can be overcome with sadness.

The thought slips into Yoongi's troubled mind and crashes into him like a speeding car, and its effect is instant. His already low shoulders slouch even further, and his feet drag a tad slower on the floor. Eyes downcast, it's clear that he feels miserable as he snakes through the multitude of students in the hallways of Seoul University of Fine Arts, his college.

He grips the strap of his shoulder bag tighter and tries his best to blend in, but in the midst of everyone else's undeniably more colorful outfits, his completely dark attire stands out like a red rose amongst a sea of white lilies. He's wearing a black turtleneck shirt with a long black coat over it, black slacks, and black leather shoes, with wire-rimmed black glasses to accessorize. [a/n: his outfit is basically the one in the picture above minus the necklace] Even his bag is black today. The color definitely matches his current mood: devoid of light, and, synonymously, hope.

And why shouldn't he feel hopeless? His best friend is upset because of him, his roommate hates him now and he doesn't even try to hide it, he's barely gotten any sleep in the chaotic weekend that had just passed, he hasn't done a few assignments still, and as a wonderful cherry on top, he feels incredibly homesick. But he can't visit his parents right now. He's too busy, especially with a flurry of tests right around the corner. That's what he told them, but it was more to himself than to them, if he was being honest.

God, this sucks so fucking much.

He misses the good friends he left back home, who were all crushed by his departure. He misses playing basketball with the varsity team in his former high school. He misses the rush of it, the indescribable feeling of the ball at his fingertips, the sound of the cheering crowds, the bliss of winning, and the memorable celebrations after that with the whole team. He grins. It's something he'd never trade for anything in this universe.

He misses his parents. He misses his mom's wonderful cooking. He misses hearing his dad yelling at some show on the television. He misses his mother's warm, comforting hugs and kisses, the feeling it gives him so similar to that of sitting near a blazing fireplace as you sip a cup of toasty hot cocoa contentedly while you watch the snow coming down outside the window in the middle of a frigid and dark winter. He misses the long talks he used to have with his father about life and everything in between, which mostly consist of him asking for advice from his old man, and he tells him so much more than advice. He tells him stories. Lots of them. Funny ones, sad ones, joyful ones. And there is always a moral lesson at the end of it. Never had those conversations (that went on for hours) ended without Yoongi feeling so much better than before.