chapter 26 Home!

"It's been so long!" I said as I looked at Father's castle at distance. The sun was beginning to set, changing the blue sky to orange and red.
I took a deep breath and exhaled. A smile formed on my lips immediately as I inhaled the familiar scent of the land I was raised on. A smile crawled on my lips as I closed my eyes. My mind relaxed.

"It's been a while." Sesshomaru agreed and placed his hand on my head.

I opened my eyes and nodded. "Yep. Far too long."

I can feel excitement flow throughout my body as I looked at the land before me.

"Sesshomaru...?" I tugged onto his sleeve as butterflies begin to dance in my stomach.

"Hm?"

"I'm kind of nervous, haha." I said, scratching my cheek with my index finger.

It's been nearly two years since I left home... After marrying Sesshomaru, since then I haven't had any contact with anyone back home. It kind of just slipped my mind. I can't believe it's really been almost two years, time really flew  by.

Sesshomaru held my hand and our fingers intertwined as I looked up at him.

"I'll be by your side. Always." He said.

"O--"

"Yo!" The super familiar voice of my older brother Natsume said from behind. We turned around and there is Natsume. "It's been a while, Yuki. And I see you've returned... with that dog."

"Ah..hahaha... You don't have to--"

"Not even a hi and you're defending him already?" Natsume cutted me off by stretching my cheeks.

"Bwuat ghcuu wooo eeeing moooeen." I grumbled, trying to tell him he was being mean.

Sesshomaru sighed and dragged Natsume away from me. I rubbed reddened cheeks.

"Hey! Sesshomaru, let go! You hear me?!!" Natsume shouted.

I sweatdropped.

Hahaha. He still doesn't like Sesshomaru much.

Sesshomaru glared at him before letting go of him.

"Do you wish to die?" Sesshomaru asked.

Oh god....

"Hah?! You think you can kill me?" Natsume retorted. "Come on, I'll burn you alive!"

These.... two..... They're at it again...

I rubbed my forehead as they both get into battle stance.

"Can you guys not..?" I sighed.

Of course, I was ignored as their argument got more intense. ; w ;

So after a while of beating each other up... They finally stopped and we finally got to the castle! YAY! Like the tense atmosphere was so unbearable ;A;

Aiko let out a loud squeal and tackled me with a bear hug when she saw me.

"Oh my god!!! It's been so long!" Aiko said.

"Yeah... You're kind of killing me with this hug." I said, on the verge of passing out.

Aiko let go and laughed nervously. "Sorry, it's just been so long! I thought about visiting you but I got too much stuff on my hands." She sighed, then looked at me. "We thought about letting Natsume go visit but... You know how Natsume is when he see's Sesshomaru."

"I can tell...." I sighed, as I felt two pairs of eyes glaring behind my back.

What did I do????! QwQ