18. rumors [bethany]

"So I'm almost done editing the video," I tell Derek when he stops by on Sunday morning before our rehearsal. I let him into my room and he immediately makes himself comfortable on my bed. I smile.

"I am very excited to watch it," he says, with a smug grin.

I nod, sitting at my computer, and finishing up the last bit of the video. "So this morning..." I begin, speaking to him as I mess around on my computer. "I was... bored, and I searched the Motough hashtag on instagram..." I turn to look at him, briefly, unable to control my smile. 

Derek smiles. "I've done that..."

My mouth drops slightly. "Have you really?"

He tenses a bit. "Uh, maybe.." Shrugging, he tries to play it cool while I giggle. 

"There's nothing wrong with that. It's actually cute to see all the fan-art and edits some people make for us."

He nods. "Yeah."

I finish editing then and begin to render the video. "I really wanna do a tumblr search... tumblr fans are always hilarious."

Derek gets up and sits on the stool next to my chair, leaning in towards the computer screen. "Let's do it."

I laugh, glancing at him. "Really?"

"Yeah, why not," he mutters. "We do have some time to kill before rehearsal."

Well alright. "Sounds good to me," I reply, opening a new window and loading tumblr. When I search the "motough" tag, I immediately smile, and I'm pretty sure I see Derek doing the same out of the corner of my eye.

"These are so cute," I laugh. Some are just gifs of us doing little dance moves from the show, or from clips from rehearsal, or behind the scenes moments. Others are edits, fanfictions, and obvious evidence of fangirling, which makes me happy. It's crazy how people are kinda obsessed with Derek and I, even though they don't know we are actually together. I'm curious as to what will happen when they find out the truth. 

"Wait, stop, look at this one," I chirp, laughing. I point to a post of a series of pictures where Derek has his hands around my waist from behind captioned: "lmagine an actual Motough prom pic... *sigh* these are enough to satisfy my shipper heart for now though".

"I never thought of that," I say. "but it is very prom-y.."

Derek laughs. "True, true. I never thought of that either, to be honest, but aww..." He turns to me and taps my nose. "Cute."

I scrunch my nose at his touch and smile. "I love when you do that," I admit, without really thinking.

Scrolling down, I find a gif of the moment I found out my partner for the show, when Derek tapped me from behind.

"Oh my gosh," I cover my mouth with my hands. "Remember when we first met?" Turning to Derek, I scrunch my eyebrows. "I was so awkward with you at first." I laugh. "It seems like forever ago..."

He grins. "We have come a long way since then. And you weren't awkward, stop that..." He nudges me.

Rolling my eyes, but smiling, I continue to scroll. I find a Motough fan-fiction. "What's that?" Derek asks when I slow my scrolling to skim the writing.

"It's a fan-fiction."

He looks at me, slightly confused. Wow, he is old.

"Do you not know what that is?" I accuse.

"Is that like... where fans write stories about... their favorite celebrities and stuff..?"

I smile. "Yeah, you got it. I was a little worried. First you didn't know what 'shipping' was, now this..? But you're good. You passed the test."