7. g'day [bethany]

I check my watch. It's 4 am. Derek is supposed to pick me up in 5 minutes to go to the airport. I made prior commitments to fly to Australia for a meet-and-greet and Australian YouTube event, so I have to go, even if it means losing rehearsal time for Monday's show. Luckily, Derek arranged to come with me so we can rehearse for a bit between my crazy schedule of events.

Derek arrives and greets me at my front door with a smile. We say bye to my family, and as soon as we get in the limo that is gonna bring us to the airport, Derek kisses me.

"Y' excited to go to Australia, mate?" He asks, in a cute attempt at an Aussie accent.

I giggle. "You bet."

He grabs my hand, and we sit in silence, eventually falling asleep on each other's shoulders.

The airport is crazy busy for so early in the morning. Derek, so very generously, carries my luggage for me, and we drop it off at the baggage drop before we head to security.

I'm in a daze as we go through all the tedious steps until we sit in front of the Syndey, Australia Departure Gate.

"I'm so tired," I admit to Derek. We got back from the restaurant around 1 last night so I barely slept.

"You'll have plenty of time to sleep on the plane, babe," he says, stroking my arm to comfort me.

"Aren't you sleepy?" I mutter, resting my head on his shoulder.

I feel his body move up and down as he chuckles. "Of course."

I feel my phone vibrate and am jolted awake.

Can't wait to see you sugar. xx

I grin at my screen. Derek must've noticed my slight laugh because he speaks. "What are you smilin about?"

I look up at him. "Troye texted. Says he can't wait to see me," I say, jokingly flipping my hair over my shoulder. Derek shakes his head with a laugh.

"I'll bet."

"We are now boarding Group A for flight 759 to Syndey, Australia. Flight 759 to Sydney is now boarding Group A. Thank you."

Derek and I turn our heads up as our Group is announced over the intercom. We slowly stand up. I yawn again, shuffling my feet over to the Ticket Check.

As soon as we get on the plane, I collapse into my seat and close my eyes.

"Nap time?" Derek asks, trying to hide a grin, as he shoves his bag in the overhead compartment.

"Oh yeah." I state, opening my eyes to look at him.

He plops down in the seat next to me and kisses my temple. "My shoulder is here if you need it." Derek's smirk is flirtatious but sweet. I laugh softly and close my eyes again, slowly letting my head fall onto his body.

The flight is 15 hours, and Australia is 19 hours ahead of Los Angeles time.  We arrive in Sydney around 11:30 am on Wednesday.  Derek was all stressed about basically losing a day of rehearsal time, but I assured him that coming back from Australia would be like gaining a day so it would all work out.  Still, he gave me that cute look he gets when he's worried and I couldn't help but laugh compassionately.

After napping, watching 3 movies (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and The Proposal... all wonderful movies), and watching a few episodes of Friends, I am well-rested and thrilled to stand up.  

Once we get our luggage and get ourselves situated, we get in a limo which will take us to the hotel we will be staying at.

"I have a horrible headache," Derek says, as we drop our bags in the hotel room. It's nice. Very roomy and classy.