24. x-rated [bethany]

[note/warning: this is another... somewhat mature chapter (still not super graphic, I promise), but hopefully you guys enjoy...]

"Bethany! Beth, if you do that, I swear to-" I cut him off by cracking the egg I was hovering over his head on his skull. Derek glares at me, but is clearly trying desperately hard to hide his smile, as I giggle.

"Gotcha."

He shakes his head, letting the gooey egg yolk drip down his forehead. "You're gonna get it now."

"Hey, you started it!" I remind him, brushing flour out of my hair. Half of the ingredients meant to go into our brownie batter are now nowhere near where they're supposed to be.

He dramtically wipes the egg off his head and sighs. "I'm gonna have to shower to get this out of my hair," he half-whines.

"Good, you smell anyway," I tease. Derek fakes shock, but then gets me back by playing along and lifting his arm, making me smell his armpit.

"Oh yeah?" He moves closer to me as I back away, laughing.

"Alright, I'm kidding, but that's still nasty."

After we get the batter together, and put it in the oven, Derek pushes me against the refrigerator and places his hands on my waist.

"So you're gonna come shower with me?" he asks, flirtatiously. I feel my heart race, but shake my head.

"Someone has to stay here and watch the oven."

He pouts, which is super adorable and elicits a giggle from my mouth. "You're so responsible..." he says, sarcastically, as he takes a step backwards.

I get satisfaction from seeing him like this: when he pretends he's not thirsting for me, even though he is. I can tell by the way his eyes change. It makes the butterflies in my stomach race.

I decide he deserves a little something, especially because he really deserves everything and I'm just too afraid to give it to him.

As he begins to wipe the counter off, I grab his face in my hands and pull him in to me, feeling that wonderfully familiar feeling of his lips on mine. A small laugh escapes his mouth between our lips.

I pull away and run my hands through his hair, feeling the stickyness of the egg yolk in between my fingers. I look into his eyes and see them watching me with that certain unexplainable sparkle that makes me know he really loves me.

"Sorry about the egg..."

The corners of his mouth turn up in a smile. "It's okay. I deserved it."

My hands slide down his chest and begin to lift his shirt up. With a small smile on his face, Derek watches me, never breaking our eye contact as I lift his shirt over his head.

"I'll watch the oven," I joke, gesturing towards Derek's room, and his shower. Derek lets out a small laugh as he heads in the direction of his bedroom.

"And I'll just start cleaning up the kitchen with your favorite t-shirt..." I say, hovering Derek's shirt over the kitchen counter. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Derek spin around with wide eyes.

"Dont you dare!"

A laugh escapes my mouth. "I'm kidding, don't worry. Now hurry up."

"As you wish." Derek winks at me before jogging away and disappearing into his room.

I begin to wipe off the counter as my mind races. I can't believe how truly amazing this Dancing With the Stars experience has been. I can't believe how comfortable I've gotten with Derek, and I can't believe how much I love that.