prologue/introductions

I knew I'd have to be professional.  I knew this was more than just about dancing with a very attractive guy for millions of people.  This was a competition.  We had to uphold an image.  We had to be mature about this.  But suddenly when he kissed me, every moral thought I had disappeared.

I knew I couldn't fall for her.  In fact, I didn't anticipate that I would.  She's 18.  Barely entered adulthood, and I'm eleven years older than her.  Eleven years.  And yet when we're together it's like none of that matters.  She makes me happy.  Brings out my inner child.  But at the same time she's mature.  She's everything I never knew I wanted.  And I tried to hold that in, I really did.  But dancing involves passion.  And when your passion during a dance extends past just the dance itself and spreads to your incredibly beautiful partner... you're screwed.  Take it from me.

--So this is gonna be a Derek/Bethany fanfiction because I... ship them. (Sue me).

In all honesty, though, while this relationship is looked down upon by so many people because of their age difference, it also could be the cutest thing ever, and hopefully this story plays with the border of their possible romantic relationship being unacceptable and being utterfly perfect.

The storyline is going to come all from my imagination, except for the fact that Bethany and Derek are partners on Dancing With the Stars and may interact with some of their current fellow competetors in this fiction story.  I am claiming no ownership or validity of any of these scenes/anything.  They are simply for entertainment and from my inner Motough shipping/large-realtionship-age-gap-fascinated brain.

[Note: even if you guys aren't Derek/Bethany/Motough fans but enjoy a good student/teacher or "conflict over age in a relationship" story, then check this out.]

I hope you guys enjoy :) xx