11. karma [bethany]

It's Halloween!

I finish the final touches of my vampire makeup and prepare to head to Derek and Mark's. They're throwing a Halloween party, and I must say I am very excited.

The party is in full swing when I arrive. Music, food, drinks, Halloween decorations... I'm actually surprised Derek and Mark pulled this together. I figure they must've had help from Julianne or something.

Throughout the night, I see much of my new Dancing With the Stars family. Sadie looks adorable as Sandy from Grease, Janel and Val are dressed as cats, and look incredibly cute, and Witney is a quite scary-looking skeleton.

"Well don't you look incredibly sexy," I hear in my ear suddenly. I smile, knowing it's Derek, and since it's been over an hour since I've gotten here and I have yet to see him, I feel my heart race at the sound of his voice. I turn to see his face.

"Hey," I say, smirking, as he puts his hand on my lower back. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you all night."

He sighs. "I've been... around. It's crazier than I expected here." His eyes widen and I giggle. "But I've missed you this week! Rehearsals aren't the same without you."

"WHAT?" I practically yell as the music gets louder and the screaming and talking and laughing grows louder along with it. He laughs.

"Come with me." Derek grabs my hand and drags me away from the chaos.

He leads me up a flight of stairs and opens a door, revealing a bedroom, which I presume is his. I smile.

"This is your room?"

He shuts the door. "Oh, yeah... You haven't seen it yet, have you?"

I shake my head. "I have not. It's nice."

He walks to a set of double doors across the room. "Not as nice as this though..." Flinging the doors open, Derek gestures grandly towards the balcony.

I giggle as he offers me his hand. "Come on."

His voice is low and rich and gives me butterflies. I grab his hand and let him lead me onto the balcony. "Wow," I say, as I take in the view. It is gorgeous. Lights of the city light up the horizon, and I feel like we are on top of the world.

"I like to come out here to escape the craziness of the world. Or in this case, the first floor of my house." He chuckles slightly.

I let out a small laugh. "It's incredible. The view is... breathtaking."

I notice him looking at me out of the corner of me eye. "Eh, it's nothing compared to my view right now."

I turn to him, and swallow hard. A smile forms on my face as he steps closer and pulls me into a soft kiss.

Derek backs away and looks into my eyes. "Damn, I've missed that. It's been a long week without you, Beth."

Laughing quietly, I nod. "Yeah, it has. But I'm sure you've had fun with Sadie."

He nods. "Well yeah," Pausing, Derek pushes a piece of hair behind my ear. "But not as much fun as I have with you."

He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer so our bodies are touching. I grin. "Oh really?"

"Really," he says, his voice deeper than it normally is. He kisses me, more passionately this time, and I decide to tease him, seeing that he's clearly very thirsty for some Bethany Mota action. I giggle to myself as I pull away from the kiss.

"If this is the 'fun' you're referring to, I'm confused, because we don't do this at rehearsals..."

He looks at me, trying not to laugh. "Shhh..." He kisses me again as I giggle.