Hanky

One

IT was her again, Era thought when she noticed the same woman sitting at the nearby bench where she often sat.

It was more than a week since she was here.

She deposited herself in the same bench before looking at the still waters of the lake.

Joggers linger together with teenagers that has bicycle. It is common at this time of the day, a couple of hours before the sun is down.

She looked up when a pale hand blocked her line of sight. It was the woman. She was holding a familiar white hankie.

"Thank you."

She reached for it and send her a smile.

The woman smile in return but sadness still reflects in her eyes before sitting back at the bench she previously seated.

She put the hankie in her bag. She glance at the woman in the nearby bench. She was looking at the still waters, too. She was once again have this faraway look but she is no longer crying.

Ten minutes later, Dan, her driver put the coffee beside her. She nod at him before he left.

She removed the cup from the holder and stood up. She approach the woman in the other bench.

Their eyes met when she was a couple of meters away. She moved her hand holding the coffee. She was rewarded with a short smile.

She's beautiful.

She put the coffee beside the woman. Without looking back, she went to her bench and sit.

She drink her own coffee and sigh in contentment. The serenity of the still waters in the lake once again calm her.