Can I have your name?

Nine

Samantha

SHE stared at the woman in front of her. She was still shock with the knowledge that she was a lesbian. It was not obvious that she liked girls. She wore feminine clothes in those times that they were together.

"What is the story behind those sad eyes?"

She gazed at those gray eyes awaiting for her answers. Without preamble, she replied. "I was a mistress."

She did not blink as she waited for the tall woman to judge her. However, she was in for a surprise.

"Did the missus found out?"

She shook her head before looking down. She sipped her almost cold coffee. "I broke up with him. I finally listened to my conscience."

"How long ago was that?"

"A month."

"You'll get through this."

She raised her head. The woman stood beside her chair and wiped the tears that descend her cheeks.

"Get yourself busy. It helps."

"Can I have those strong arms again?" She asked in small voice.

She cried her heart out when she was enveloped in her warm embrace. For the second time, she wept in her arms. For the second time, she felt safe.

"It's going to be alright, baby girl."

"Don't baby me." She countered in hoarse voice. She heard her giggle.

She sniffled before pushing herself away from the comfort of her arms. She found the tall woman looking down at her with a smile.

"Better, Rudolf's sister?"

Instead of retorting back, she glared at her. She heard her laugh at her expense.

"More coffee, Sammy?"

She nodded. She watched her pour another batch of hot coffee in both their cup.

"Can I have your name?" She uttered in embarrassment.

She felt the heat in her face. She knew that it was not from the crying episode she had a few moments ago.

Holding the cups in hand, the tall woman walked back to her. Wearing a smirk, she put the cups atop the island table beside her arm.

"How do you plan on having my name? Marrying me is the easiest way."

"Stop flirting." She said to cover her discomfort.

She cried and find comfort in the arms of the person she did not know. She even slept in her bed, for God's sake!

"Come to think of it. I'm single, you're single."

She covered her face in shame but she already saw her wink. Her grin was already tattooed in her mind even if she close her eyes.

She heard her beautiful laugh before she found herself in those warm embrace.

"My name is Era. Nice to meet you, baby girl." She whispered.

Though embarrassed, she hug her back. She smiled, too.