The woman in her bed

Eight

ERA was taken aback when she saw the person sitting beside her door. As silent as possible, Dan put her luggage near the door. She nodded at him before he left.

She keyed in her password and pulled her things inside before going back.

Her new found friend was sleeping while sitting beside her door. Her head was leaning atop her knees.

She bended and picked up the woman. She carried the petite woman in her own bed.

After making the woman comfortable, she went to her home office and started reading the reports she neglected when she went to another State.

It was after midnight when she became aware of the slight pain in her nape. She glanced at her watch and realized that she has been working for four hours.

She stretched her back before standing.

She was surprised when she saw a woman in her bed. She almost forgot that she had an unexpected visitor when she arrived this evening.

After taking a shower, Era placed her tired body in bed. The woman beside her was sleeping peacefully.

Looking at the small face of the petite woman, she noticed that there was no dried tears in her cheeks. She did not smell like she has been drinking.

How's your heart, Sammy? She thought.

She moved the stray curls that cover her pretty face. Era smiled when the woman pout her lips.

Cute.

With that in mind, she found herself asleep.

Morning came quickly. Era found herself tangled under a warm body. When she regained her thoughts, she pushed Sam gently.

She went to bathroom to take care of her business and to start her morning ritual.

Sam was still asleep when she finished her shower. She went to the walk-in closet to finish dressing.

She was walking back to her bedroom while buttoning her top. Her eyes turned to her bedside when she heard a gentle cough.

Sammy was wide awake and already sitting in bed. Her long hair was in disarray but it did not make her less attractive.

"Good morning, Sammy girl."

"G-good morning."

Era smiled when she found the petite woman blushing. She finished dressing and comb her hair with her fingers.

"The bathroom is over there. You can find everything you in the cabinets. You can also get clothes from there." She said as she point the places she said. "I'll wait for you in the kitchen."

She was drinking her coffee when Sam joined her in the kitchen. The petite woman sat beside her in the kitchen island.

Era gave her a cup of coffee as she poured her second.

"I'm sorry for coming here without invitation."

"It's fine."

She found herself fascinated as she watched Sam sipping coffee. Bared of make-up, she is still beautiful.

"It has been the best sleep I had in a while." Sam gave her a genuine smile.

"It has been a while, too, when I had a woman in my bed." She responded and smirked at the petite woman.

"W-what?"

"I'm a lesbian, Sam."

It was quite obvious that Sam was surprise with her revelation. She smiled and continue drinking coffee.

"How long has it been since?"

"About half a year."

"Your girlfriend?" She nodded. "Where is she?"

"I don't know. I don't care."

"You hate her?"

"Not really." She faced Sam and looked at her in the eyes. "What is your story, Sammy girl?"