Hi, there

Thirteen

Samantha

SURPRISE was an understatement when she opened the door of her apartment. A grinning Era is looking at her.

"Hi. I brought food."

The tall woman put her one arm up. There was a box of pizza in it.

Before she could utter a word, Era made her way inside. She closed the door and turned to the uninvited woman.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, frowning.

Her guest is already comfortable sitting in her couch opening the food she brought. The aroma of the warm pizza embraced her senses.

"How did you find me?"

"Finding you is easier, Sammy girl."

She crossed her arms in front of her. She continue staring at the tall woman.

"I know you're hungry. Come here."

Era get a slice of the pizza and bit from it with gusto. She continue doing that until she finished a slice.

Her visitor stood up when she remaining standing. Era approached her and meet her gaze. The tall woman smiled at her with sadness.

"I miss you."

She looked away. "I was busy."

"I know. Your new place is nice. I like this better that the previous one."

"W-what?" She looked back in shock. How did Era knew that she moved?

"Even if you abandon me, I didn't."

The tall woman caressed her cheek before moving away. However, Era catched her hand and guide her to sit down.

She was given a piece of pizza slice. Era get one for herself, too, and continue eating. She did the same and tried to relax.

Her brow shoot up when Era stand. Her eyes followed her as the tall woman open the fridge and get water. Era came back to her with two glasses in another hand.

They were in another round of pizza when they heard knocks. They looked at each other.

"Do you want me to get it?"

She shook her head before standing. She opened the door only to be gifted with another surprise.

This ain't my day, she thought.

Her left brow shoot up as she stared at the person on the other side of the door. He looked back with sad eyes. Once upon a time, she was captivated with those baby blues.

"What do you want?" She asked in a low voice.

"I miss you."

"Go home."

"Samantha, give-----"

"Baby, who's that?"

Both of them were surprised to hear that. She felt a hand in her waist and a kiss on top of her head.

"Hi, there." Era greeted with a smile.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Era. You are?"

She squeezed the hand in her waist. Era squeezed back.

"I'm Henry Turner."

The calmness that Henry emits was far from the emotions brewing in his eyes.

"Are you related to Charles Turner?"

"He's my father."

She felt Era nod. She glanced at her.

"You alright, baby girl?" Era asked. Smile was still on her face. She smiled back. "I'll be inside." She earned another kiss in the temple. "Nice to meet you, Henry."

"Why are you with her?" Henry barked in gritted teeth the moment Era left them.

"Leave, Henry."

"I knew her. Don't you recognize that woman?"

She sighed and stared at him. He glanced back. His face was red from subtle anger. Before he could make another statement she closed the door in his face.