t h i r t y n i n e

"Do you guys remember muggle sports?" Grayson brought up

"Do you guys remember muggle sports?" Grayson brought up. We were walking towards hogesmade and he decided to take a trip down memory lane.
"Noooo......" I pretended I didn't remember as I knew what he was going to say next
"Do you guys remember our favourite muggle game" a look of realisation hit them and they all looked at me with smirks on their faces
"Noooo..." I repeated and Cedric looked utterly lost.
"We haven't told our dear Cedric!" Grayson shouted and then patted him on the back
"It's this great sport. Kind of like....what do they call it..."
"Basketball" Chris suggested
"Right! Basketball. You throw a ball to each other and catch it but there's a twist..." Grayson said smirking, he let out a little chuckle
"That game was a bit too bland for me and Chris as we were 14 and it was terribly boring...so we decided to use Athena as a ball!"
"Athena as a What?" Cedric said in shock
"Oh come on don't say it like that. She is light and small so it wasn't dangerous or anything. It was actually quite entertaining seeing her arms squirm under our grip" Grayson laughed and Cedric joined in
"It wasn't that great.." I pouted.
"Here let me show you Cedric my pal" he scooped me up and then I expectingly threw me and I landed in cedrics arms
"Wow this is actually quite fun" Cedric laughed and threw me back
"Yeah fun for you guys. I'm the one being thrown around" I said and Grayson scoffed
"Oh come on you can't say that it's not thrilling"
"Fine maybe a little bit..."
"Are you guys playing basketball!!!" Chris said from behind. Him and Scott had caught up to them and saw them throwing the poor girl.
"I don't think that's how you okay basketball" Harry said who had also witnessed the act.
"Is it not?" Chris said generally looking confused.
"Okay put me down now" I said and Cedric didn't comply
"Cedddddd" I drew his name out and he looked at me
"Yes?" He said pretending to be all innocent
"Can you get Grayson to let go of me"
"Hmmmmm I don't know"
"Fine no kisses for you" I said and looked away from him.
I felt myself being lifted up and away from the warm body of Grayson Blaine and now I was with Cedric once more.
"Yay! I saved you! Now kiss me" he said as if he had won a prize. I laughed and kissed his lips. I had finally touched the ground once we got to hogesmade and I decided to go look for some more dresses with grace. She had found her perfect dress but I just needed to buy some makeup as I didn't really have any. Grace shoved lots of things in my hands and I bought everything that she suggested.
"Ok now that we have the makeup sorted. We need to buy a few Christmas presents as it is coming up" I agreed with her and we looked round the shops some more. It was a lot more harder buying things this year as I had a few more people to buy for. I ended up buying Scott all the textbooks etc that he would need that he probably didn't get, and only ended up buying one present which was grace's.
"Is that what I think it is" she pointed to the ring on my finger
"No that is not. It's a promise ring besides We are too young for that at the moment"
"At the moment!" I scoffed and i spotted Cedric waving at me from a few metres away
"I'm going to go back with Cedric. You'll be okay?"
"Yes fine! Go!" She pushed me over to him
"How did you're shopping trip go?" He asked
"It was alright. Grace thought we were engaged" he smiled and he pulled me into his chest. He was humming a sweet tune and he started to sway from side to side as if we were dancing. One of my hands is resting on his shoulder loosely and the other holding his.
"Practising for the ball" he said and continued humming. He kissed the top of my head. We looked a bit odd as we were dancing in the dark, the only light coming from the street light above us.
———————————————————
The dresses had arrived yesterday so I sat in my dorm with the few racks of dresses I was going to chose from. Grace was with me and so was hermione, as I needed all the help I could get.
"I need to look nice because otherwise I'll embarrass Cedric in front of everyon- oh my gosh what if I fall or something while we dance? Oh my I didn't think of that!"
"Don't worry! Mcgonagall has organised a dancing lesson so we can practise. Now what colour do you like better pink or yellow?" Grace held up two coloured dresses
"Pink. What do you guys think about this one?" I twirled but I didn't feel great in the navy blue dress
"Yep I don't like it" i had stared at the dress to long and now I had learned to dislike it. Funny how that works. There was a knock at my door and in cans my fashion designer Grayson.
"Sorry I'm late. But I picked up this and I thought you could wear it" he gave me a pair of heels which were silver.
"Wow they are beautiful"
"Thank you. Thank you. Anyways have we found the dress yet?"
"Nope" Hermione said and she picked up a dress and looked between the dress and me. It was a light pink and it was undeniably beautiful. She passed Grayson the dress and then he passed it to grace as they all looked at it and took it in.
"Try this one" I took the dress and went into the bathroom to change. A few minutes later I needed help with the zip so I shouted for help. Grace quickly ran in and did it up and I walked out of the bathroom.
"It's perfect" Grayson said after a few seconds. Hermione clapped her hands as she felt like a proud mother which was odd seeming her age.
"So straight or curls?" Grace asked
"Oh ummm maybe loose curls?"
"This is so exciting!"
—————————————————
I ran in out of breath into class and scanned the room and saw the teacher hadn't appeared yet. There was only a few students which included Cedric and a few of his friends.
"Quick Chris you need to hide me!" I said quickly and still breathlessly
"Why?"
"Gray...Grayson is chasing me-" I was cut off by Grayson slamming open the door and having the tips of his hair green. He looked like a angry bull...
"What did you do to my hair!!!" He shouted. Blake burst out laughing and so did the students in the classroom.
"My hair is gonna be green forever" he said and held onto his fast beating heart.
"I told you it washes off!!" I said giggling between words.
"I'm gonna kill you- oh good morning snape lovely day isn't it?" He quickly jumped once he saw snape enter the room. Snape looked between me and Grayson and then sighed
"I'm not gonna ask, you can be excused" he says obviously exhausted. Grayson muttered a quick 'thank you' before running out the classroom but not before glaring at me. I stifled a laugh by covering my mouth and I took a seat where I was assigned to this year. After a long half an hour snape has quickly left the room to get some sheets so the class quickly began talking.
" I am not even going to ask what just happened but I'm glad it happened. Now he knows how it feels to have green hair unwillingly" Cedric whispers in my ear.
"You better watch out ced, I may or may not have something up my sleeve" his smile dropped
"I'm kidding....or am I?"