Settling In

Elizabeth's POV:

I didn't wake up until the next day. It was rest well needed to get back to my normal self. After showering and getting dressed I walked out of my room to see Diane and Elaine chatting over breakfast.

"Goodmorning Ellie! Can I call you that? I want to be good friends since we live with each other" Elaine giggled and smiled sweetly. I nodded in response, returning her smile. "Yes! I would prefer you to anyways. Is this mine?" I pointed to the extra plate next to them. Diane had nodded happily and poured me some tea.

We all talked about the school, our powers and what we were here for. Diane I had already known but Elaine looked super interested in hearing that she was the princess of the Giant Clan. Her latent power being even more deadly than her father King Drole's. Elaine was a fairy Princess once tasked to protect their enchanted forest. One night a demon appeared in the forest, her and Ban were there to stop the horrid disaster the monster was causing. After that she got a call from the academy. "So.. Ellie... what's your power? How did you get picked?"

I looked at her. I decided to follow King's advice and show who I really was for the first time. I explained to her my situation. "A couple of years ago my mother Leah was assassinated. I was the child hiding in closet. I remember being able to hear each time the man stabbed into her chest. Her bones breaking while he tortured her. My mom had unbelievable powers and I just couldn't understand why she wouldn't use them to save herself. After listening to her screams for about 5 minutes I ended up blacking out. The authorities told me they had never seen powers like mine and the next I knew I was being invited to join the academy once I had graduated."

Elaine stared at me in shock. "You were the little girl that brought down the Rebellion's first leader.." I stared at her for a moment. There's no way he was their leader.. was there?

"I don't know about that. The holy knights felt I didn't need to know the full story. Being a princess of liones just witnessing the loss of her mother was more than traumatizing enough during the time. I'm a goddess. My mom was the supreme diety and I never knew why she never showed her powers until I witnessed it. People use and abuse who you are. The one person she allowed to see what she could do turned on her. That's all I really know about it. It's also why I don't speak about what I am. This time around I want it to be different. I'm going to get stronger and end the Rebellion. That's just between us 3 though. Okay?"

Elaine nodded in agreement. "Then in that case, I'll help you! We can find out the real reason they went after Lady Leah." Her comment made me smile. I could get used to having her around. "Definitely" I tilted my head slightly and smiled warmly.

Timeskip ~

The three of us grabbed our bags and headed over to class. My first class was Goddess History. I always found a love in history. To know where I came from and where everyone else originated was indescribably fascinating.

I took my seat by the window and sipped on the tea I had brought from home. The weather was definitely true to its forecast. The sun was beaming down on the beautiful land. The flowers were vibrant and plentiful surrounding a gazebo in the large courtyard. I admired the view a little longer.

A blonde boy with big emerald eyes had sat behind me. "Hey, enjoying the view out there" I heard his sweet voice behind me. I turned to face him and smiled wide, nodding. "I love it" I could see a tint of red appear across his cheeks as he chuckled and just smiled at my comment. "I'm Meliodas" he said. "Elizabeth." We stayed there a moment before a brown haired, hazelnut eyed girl sat next to him.

"Hey Meli who's this?" She had asked him. Her arms wrapped around him, his arms down by his waist. "Elizabeth" he said nonchalantly. "I actually just met her." He laughed nervously. "Oh well I'm Zaneri. It's so nice to meet you Elizabeth. I'm Meli's girlfriend" she smiled to herself. I could tell she was proud to say it out loud.

"Nice to meet you." Shrugging her off I turned back around and prepared for the teacher to come in.
~~~
Midway through the teacher had put on a movie explaining the holy war from the goddess' perspective. I was taking notes when I felt someone playing with my hair. I turned to see Meliodas with a strand in his hand and his head resting in his other palm. He looked bored while Zaneri had her head down sleeping next to him.

"Hey" he whispered with a light chuckle. "Hey.." I smiled sweetly and he smiled back letting go of my hair. "You really shouldn't play with other ladies hair with your girlfriend next to you" I stated.

"If were being honest I broke up with her a week ago for cheating on me with my brother. But she still clings onto me. She wants us to get back together but I just don't know how to feel yet. The only time I've ever felt like I was wanted by her has been now after all shes done and it's just confusing. Especially when I walk in here to find someone as gorgeous as you sitting in front of me." I heard him groan.

I blushed madly and when I noticed he was watching me I blushed even harder. "Its a shame I didn't meet you sooner than huh?" I said to him. He seemed surprised by my comment but honestly who would turn down such a being as he. There's so much mystery behind him. He's kind, lighthearted and good looking. Yet theres a darkness to him that I can see. It's like his soul is slowly revealing itself to me by us just communicating.

"I want to know more." OH NO I JUST SAID THAT OUT LOUD!

~~~